RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL ACTIVITIES MANUAL SUNDAY 3RD MAY 2020
TOPIC: LET YOUR LIGHT SHINE THROUGH WITNESSING
MEMORY VERSE: Acts 1:8 “But ye shall receive power, after that the Holy Ghost is come upon you: and ye shall be witnesses unto Me both in Jerusalem, and in all Judaea, and in Samaria, and unto the uttermost part of the earth.”
BIBLE TEXT: ACTS 8:5-9
5 Then Philip went down to the city of Samaria, and preached Christ unto them.
6 And the people with one accord gave heed unto those things which Philip spake, hearing and seeing the miracles which he did.
7 For unclean spirits, crying with loud voice, came out of many that were possessed with them: and many taken with palsies, and that were lame, were healed.
8 And there was great joy in that city.
9 But there was a certain man, called Simon, which beforetime in the same city used sorcery, and bewitched the people of Samaria, giving out that himself was some great one:
CENTRAL TRUTH: It is a command to witness Jesus Christ.
INTRODUCTION: There was a great persecution against the church which was at Jerusalem and they were all scattered abroad, except the apostles. But Philip went down to the city of Samaria preaching the good news.
Jesus promised His disciples that, when the Holy Spirit comes upon them that they would receive power to witness about Him.
A. WHAT IS WITNESSING?
B: WHY WITNESS?
1. Matthew 28:18-20; Mark 16:15-16; Acts 1:8
2. Christ came to save souls – Luke 19:10
3. John 3:36
4. to neglect of the soul will attract punishment – Ezekiel 3:18
5. John 15:16
6. He that win souls is wise – Proverbs 11:30
C. WHAT IS THE PURPOSE / BENEFIT OF WITNESSING?
1. So that others can hear the good news – Romans 101:14
2. To set the captives free – Isaiah 61:1
3. To open the eyes of the blind -Luke 4:18
4. To deliver those in darkness – Colossians 1:13
5. To depopulate the kingdom of satan – Colossians 1:13
6. It brings greater joy – Luke 10:17; Acts 8:8
7. It makes you wise – Proverbs 11:30
8. It brings spiritual growth
9. It brings blessings
10. Matthew 19:27-29
11. 2 Chronicles 11:23-26
12. Mark 16:15-18
13. Luke 10:20
14. Matthew 6:33
D. WHY DO MANY REFUSE TO WITNESS?
1. Fear – Timothy 1:7
2. Feeling or shame – Romans 10:11
3. Lack of courage – Proverbs 29:1
4. Ignorance of God´s word – 2Timothy 2:15
5. 1Thess 5:15
E. WHAT ARE THE PRACTICAL STEPS TO WITNESSING?
1. Let your life witness Christ to unbelievers – 2 Cor 3:2-3
2. Share your faith with others – Acts 8:5
3. You can join the evangelism team in your church – Acts 19:20
4. You can distribute gospel tracts, books, magazines and comics.
5. you can invite unbelievers in your neighbourhood to church.
F. GIVE BIBLICAL EXAMPLES OF THOSE THAT WITNESS FOR CHRIST:
LIFE APPLICATION: Soul winning is the heartbeat of God. Every child of God must be serious with the business of soulwinning. Many do not witness, because they do not know how to start. Pray and ask the Holy Spirit to teach you and help you to witness. Every discussion can be prayerfully turned to witnessing. You need to go and win souls for Christ.
– Use every opportunity you have, to witness about the love of Jesus.
– Tell others about their sinful state – Romans 3:23.
– Tell them about the love of God – John 3:16.
– Tell them about the work of Jesus Christ on the cross – 1Peter2:24
– Tell them that there is a way out of sin – Ephesians 1:7
– Tell them that they can put their trust in the redemption work of Jesus Christ – John 1:12.
– Then encourage young believers to grow.
– Let your light shine by spreading the good news of what God has done for you.
INVITATION: If you want your light to shine, you need to accept Jesus as your Lord and Saviour – John 1:12-18
PRAYER POINT: Lord, help me and let my light shine.
SUNDAY – Romans 10:1-10
MONDAY – Romans 10:11-21
TUESDAY – Romans 11:1-10
WEDNESDAY – Romans 11:11-24
THURSDAY – Romans 11:25-36
FRIDAY – Romans 12:1-8
SATURDAY – Romans 12:9-21