OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 TUESDAY: BEWARE OF SPIES
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 MEMORISE: Trust ye not a friend, put ye not confidence in a guide: keep the doors of thy mouth from her that lieth in thy bosom. – (Micah 7:5)
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 READ: 2 SAMUEL 22 (KJV)
1. And David spake unto the LORD the words of this song in the day that the LORD had delivered him out of the hand of all his enemies, and out of the hand of Saul;
2. And he said, The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer;
3. The God of my rock; in him will I trust; he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my saviour; thou savest me from violence.
4. I will call on the LORD, who is worthy to be praised; so shall I be saved from mine enemies.
5. When the waves of death compassed me, the floods of ungodly men made me afraid;
6. The sorrows of hell compassed me about; the snares of death prevented me;
7. In my distress I called upon the LORD, and cried to my God; and he did hear my voice out of his temple, and my cry did enter into his ears.
8. Then the earth shook and trembled; the foundations of heaven moved and shook, because he was wroth.
9. There went up a smoke out of his nostrils, and fire out of his mouth devoured; coals were kindled by it.
10. He bowed the heavens also, and came down; and darkness was under his feet.
11. And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly; and he was seen upon the wings of the wind.
12. And he made darkness pavilions round about him, dark waters, and thick clouds of the skies.
13. Through the brightness before him were coals of fire kindled.
14. The LORD thundered from heaven, and the most High uttered his voice.
15. And he sent out arrows, and scattered them; lightning, and discomfited them.
16. And the channels of the sea appeared, the foundations of the world were discovered, at the rebuking of the LORD, at the blast of the breath of his nostrils.
17. He sent from above, he took me; he drew me out of many waters;
18. He delivered me from my strong enemy, and from them that hated me; for they were too strong for me.
19. They prevented me in the day of my calamity; but the LORD was my stay.
20. He brought me forth also into a large place; he delivered me, because he delighted in me.
21. The LORD rewarded me according to my righteousness; according to the cleanness of my hands hath he recompensed me.
22. For I have kept the ways of the LORD, and have not wickedly departed from my God.
23. For all his judgments were before me; and as for his statutes, I did not depart from them.
24. I was also upright before him, and have kept myself from mine iniquity.
25. Therefore the LORD hath recompensed me according to my righteousness; according to my cleanness in his eye sight.
26. With the merciful thou wilt shew thyself merciful, and with the upright man thou wilt shew thyself upright.
27. With the pure thou wilt shew thyself pure; and with the froward thou wilt shew thyself unsavoury.
28. And the afflicted people thou wilt save; but thine eyes are upon the haughty, that thou mayest bring them down.
29. For thou art my lamp, O LORD; and the LORD will lighten my darkness.
30. For by thee I have run through a troop; by my God have I leaped over a wall.
31. As for God, his way is perfect; the word of the LORD is tried; he is a buckler to all them that trust in him.
32. For who is God, save the LORD? and who is a rock, save our God?
33. God is my strength and power; and he maketh my way perfect.
34. He maketh my feet like hinds’ feet; and setteth me upon my high places.
35. He teacheth my hands to war; so that a bow of steel is broken by mine arms.
36. Thou hast also given me the shield of thy salvation; and thy gentleness hath made me great.
37. Thou hast enlarged my steps under me; so that my feet did not slip.
38. I have pursued mine enemies, and destroyed them; and turned not again until I had consumed them.
39. And I have consumed them, and wounded them, that they could not arise; yea, they are fallen under my feet.
40. For thou hast girded me with strength to battle; them that rose up against me hast thou subdued under me.
41. Thou hast also given me the necks of mine enemies, that I might destroy them that hate me.
42. They looked, but there was none to save; even unto the LORD, but he answered them not.
43. Then did I beat them as small as the dust of the earth, I did stamp them as the mire of the street, and did spread them abroad.
44. Thou also hast delivered me from the strivings of my people, thou hast kept me to be head of the heathen; a people which I knew not shall serve me.
45. Strangers shall submit themselves unto me; as soon as they hear, they shall be obedient unto me.
46. Strangers shall fade away, and they shall be afraid out of their close places.
47. The LORD liveth; and blessed be my rock; and exalted be the God of the rock of my salvation.
48. It is God that avengeth me, and that bringeth down the people under me,
49. And that bringeth me forth from mine enemies; thou also hast lifted me up on high above them that rose up against me; thou hast delivered me from the violent man.
50. Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name.
51. He is the tower of salvation for his king; and sheweth mercy to his anointed, unto David, and to his seed for evermore.
Good morning beloved,
The prayers and declarations you partake of daily here can ONLY work for God’s children. Accept Jesus today and join the family of God. Come out of darkness into light, come out of suffering into peace and embrace the Holy Spirit
Come out of sin today. If you reject the offer of the Lord Jesus, you can only be headed for hell. If you haven’t given your life to Jesus, bow your head and cry to Him to save your soul.
The grace to overcome and conquer sin, especially in this chronic-perverse world is release upon you and your family, in the name of Jesus
TODAY’S PRAYERS: PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020
TODAY’S DECLARATIONS: DAILY DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY 14 APRIL 2020
TEENS’S DEVOTIONAL: OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 14TH APRIL 2020
WEDNESDAY’S DEVOTIONAL: OPEN HEAVEN 15 APRIL 2020
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 MESSAGE
Spying is a military strategy. In Numbers 13:1-21, God directed Moses to send spies into Canaan. In Joshua 2:1, Joshua sent spies to Jericho.
The devil also uses spies. In (2 Kings 6:13-14), the king of Syria sent spies after Elisha. When the target is a great one, the spy is usually recruited from within.
Judas Iscariot, one of Jesus’ disciples was recruited to spy on Him. There is a saying that if the enemy within cannot kill a fellow, neither can the outside.
This is why you need to beware of spies, especially the ones close to you.
Spies collect information from careless talk. Ephesians 5:4 warns us to be careful of careless talk, even jesting. Spies ask questions to know your thoughts and plans.
Proverbs 18:7 says:
“A fool’s mouth is his destruction, and his lips are the snare of his soul.”
Many people are trapped by their loose tongues. If you are already succeeding, know that there is a spy nearby pretending to be your friend, so be careful of what you say. Be careful of the information you let out, no matter how trivial you think it is.
One day, I went on a visit and someone offered to get me a particular brand of soft drink, only for some other fellow to insist that I had a preference for another entirely.
I thought “Oh, so I have been observed! Should the devil decide to get at me, he could use that drink.” That day, I bid that preferred brand bye-bye.
The devil can use the most minute information to get at anyone, however, your Ally can deal with the spy. He said in Matthew 15:13:
“…Every plant, which my heavenly father hath not planted, shall be rooted up.”
It is really not your duty to begin to look out for spies; let your Ally deal with them (Psalm 54:4). You just watch your tongue. Proverbs 29:11 says:
“A fool uttereth all his mind: but a wise man keepeth it in till afterwards.”
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 KEY POINT: PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020
Be careful, especially with your words.
PREVIOUS DAY: OPEN HEAVEN 13 APRIL 2020
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 HYMNAL:
HYMN 18 – MY FAITH LOOKS UP TO THEE
1. My faith looks up to Thee,
Thou Lamb of Calvary,
Now hear me while I pray,
Take all my guilt away,
O let me from this day
Be wholly Thine!
2. May Thy rich grace impart
Strength to my fainting heart,
My zeal inspire;
As Thou hast died for me,
O may my love to Thee
Pure, warm and changeless be
A living fire!
3. While life’s dark maze I tread,
And grief around me spread,
Be Thou my guide;
Bid darkness turn to day,
Wipe sorrow’s tears away,
Nor let me ever stray
From Thee aside.
4. When ends life’s transient dream,
When death’s cold sullen stream
Shall o’er me roll;
Blest Saviour, then in love,
Fear and distrust remove;
O bear me safe above,
A ransomed soul.
OPEN HEAVEN 14 APRIL 2020 BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 7,27,31,34 & 52
PSALM 7 KING JAMES VERSION (KJV
1 O Lord my God, in thee do I put my trust: save me from all them that persecute me, and deliver me:
2 Lest he tear my soul like a lion, rending it in pieces, while there is none to deliver.
3 O Lord my God, If I have done this; if there be iniquity in my hands;
4 If I have rewarded evil unto him that was at peace with me; (yea, I have delivered him that without cause is mine enemy:)
5 Let the enemy persecute my soul, and take it; yea, let him tread down my life upon the earth, and lay mine honour in the dust. Selah.
6 Arise, O Lord, in thine anger, lift up thyself because of the rage of mine enemies: and awake for me to the judgment that thou hast commanded.
7 So shall the congregation of the people compass thee about: for their sakes therefore return thou on high.
8 The Lord shall judge the people: judge me, O Lord, according to my righteousness, and according to mine integrity that is in me.
9 Oh let the wickedness of the wicked come to an end; but establish the just: for the righteous God trieth the hearts and reins.
10 My defence is of God, which saveth the upright in heart.
11 God judgeth the righteous, and God is angry with the wicked every day.
12 If he turn not, he will whet his sword; he hath bent his bow, and made it ready.
13 He hath also prepared for him the instruments of death; he ordaineth his arrows against the persecutors.
14 Behold, he travaileth with iniquity, and hath conceived mischief, and brought forth falsehood.
15 He made a pit, and digged it, and is fallen into the ditch which he made.
16 His mischief shall return upon his own head, and his violent dealing shall come down upon his own pate.
17 I will praise the Lord according to his righteousness: and will sing praise to the name of the Lord most high.
Psalm 27 King James Version (KJV)
1 The Lord is my light and my salvation; whom shall I fear? the Lord is the strength of my life; of whom shall I be afraid?
2 When the wicked, even mine enemies and my foes, came upon me to eat up my flesh, they stumbled and fell.
3 Though an host should encamp against me, my heart shall not fear: though war should rise against me, in this will I be confident.
4 One thing have I desired of the Lord, that will I seek after; that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to behold the beauty of the Lord, and to enquire in his temple.
5 For in the time of trouble he shall hide me in his pavilion: in the secret of his tabernacle shall he hide me; he shall set me up upon a rock.
6 And now shall mine head be lifted up above mine enemies round about me: therefore will I offer in his tabernacle sacrifices of joy; I will sing, yea, I will sing praises unto the Lord.
7 Hear, O Lord, when I cry with my voice: have mercy also upon me, and answer me.
8 When thou saidst, Seek ye my face; my heart said unto thee, Thy face, Lord, will I seek.
9 Hide not thy face far from me; put not thy servant away in anger: thou hast been my help; leave me not, neither forsake me, O God of my salvation.
10 When my father and my mother forsake me, then the Lord will take me up.
11 Teach me thy way, O Lord, and lead me in a plain path, because of mine enemies.
12 Deliver me not over unto the will of mine enemies: for false witnesses are risen up against me, and such as breathe out cruelty.
13 I had fainted, unless I had believed to see the goodness of the Lord in the land of the living.
14 Wait on the Lord: be of good courage, and he shall strengthen thine heart: wait, I say, on the Lord.
Psalm 31 King James Version (KJV)
1 In thee, O Lord, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.
2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for an house of defence to save me.
3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name’s sake lead me, and guide me.
4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.
5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O Lord God of truth.
6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the Lord.
7 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;
8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.
9 Have mercy upon me, O Lord, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.
10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.
11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.
12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.
13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.
14 But I trusted in thee, O Lord: I said, Thou art my God.
15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.
16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies’ sake.
17 Let me not be ashamed, O Lord; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.
18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.
19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!
20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.
21 Blessed be the Lord: for he hath shewed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.
22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.
23 O love the Lord, all ye his saints: for the Lord preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.
24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the Lord.
Psalm 34 King James Version (KJV)
1 I will bless the Lord at all times: his praise shall continually be in my mouth.
2 My soul shall make her boast in the Lord: the humble shall hear thereof, and be glad.
3 O magnify the Lord with me, and let us exalt his name together.
4 I sought the Lord, and he heard me, and delivered me from all my fears.
5 They looked unto him, and were lightened: and their faces were not ashamed.
6 This poor man cried, and the Lord heard him, and saved him out of all his troubles.
7 The angel of the Lord encampeth round about them that fear him, and delivereth them.
8 O taste and see that the Lord is good: blessed is the man that trusteth in him.
9 O fear the Lord, ye his saints: for there is no want to them that fear him.
10 The young lions do lack, and suffer hunger: but they that seek the Lord shall not want any good thing.
11 Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord.
12 What man is he that desireth life, and loveth many days, that he may see good?
13 Keep thy tongue from evil, and thy lips from speaking guile.
14 Depart from evil, and do good; seek peace, and pursue it.
15 The eyes of the Lord are upon the righteous, and his ears are open unto their cry.
16 The face of the Lord is against them that do evil, to cut off the remembrance of them from the earth.
17 The righteous cry, and the Lord heareth, and delivereth them out of all their troubles.
18 The Lord is nigh unto them that are of a broken heart; and saveth such as be of a contrite spirit.
19 Many are the afflictions of the righteous: but the Lord delivereth him out of them all.
20 He keepeth all his bones: not one of them is broken.
21 Evil shall slay the wicked: and they that hate the righteous shall be desolate.
22 The Lord redeemeth the soul of his servants: and none of them that trust in him shall be desolate
Psalm 52 King James Version (KJv)
1 Why boastest thou thyself in mischief, O mighty man? the goodness of God endureth continually.
2 The tongue deviseth mischiefs; like a sharp razor, working deceitfully.
3 Thou lovest evil more than good; and lying rather than to speak righteousness. Selah.
4 Thou lovest all devouring words, O thou deceitful tongue.
5 God shall likewise destroy thee for ever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.
6 The righteous also shall see, and fear, and shall laugh at him:
7 Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.
8 But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.
9 I will praise thee for ever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.