OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 SATURDAY: LETTER TO THE THYATIRAN CHURCH I
OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 MEMORIZE: Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols. Revelation 2:20
OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING REVELATION 2:18-29
18. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19. I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
21. And I in gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24. But unto you! say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
25. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28. And I will give him the morning star.
29. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Happy Weekend Beloved, We’re happy that you stopped by for today’s devotional. Thank you for joining us.
Today, we’ll be reading and learning from Christ’s letter to the THYATIRAN CHURCH I and taking lessons from it. May the Holy Spirit open our eyes in the name of Jesus.
Don’t keep the word to yourself. Share this blessing with other believers by saving this website (rccgonline.org) and sharing the link by using the share button below and don’t forget to say the prayers and declarations for the day.
Today’s Powerful Confession: I confess today God is my source for everything I need. I do not take anything from enemy because I belong to God’s kingdom – a kingdom of light. All that I need is supplied and all I will need is made available in Jesus’ name, Amen. Hallelujah!
Powerful Declarations: Powerful Declarations For Today 13 August 2022
Today’s Prayer Points: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 13 August 2022
Teens Devotional: Open Heavens For Teens 13 August 2022
Yesterday’s devotional: Open Heaven 12 August 2022
Tomorrow’s devotional: Open Heaven 14 August 2022
OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 MESSAGE
Thyatira was a great commercial city with many trade unions and only members of these associations were allowed to sell their goods there. However, these unions occasionally held feasts in the temples of idols and engaged in gross immorality.
For members of the Church to trade, they had to join the unions, thereby partaking in idol worship and immorality. This was a big problem and there was a woman in the Church who capitalised on it to lure them into sin. She called herself a Prophetess so many of them believed whatever she said.
What Jesus had against the Church in Thyatira however was that they kept giving this woman the platform to preach, as we see in our memory verse today. These people knew that she was seducing Gods people into fornication and idolatry, yet they kept allowing her to teach.
You must be very careful who you allow to step on the podium in your assembly so that Jesus will not say He is disappointed in you. Clearly, this woman must have been rich and influential. You must never allow children of the devil to teach the children of God, no matter how big their contributions to Church projects are.
Some subtle Jezebels are allowed on altars these days. When the Church brings a professional who is not a true Christian to the altar to teach the people, they have invited Jezebel. The fellow is not going to teach Scriptural principles because he or she does not live by them.
Such persons will teach the principles they live by, which are those of the world. Once you put someone in front of the children of God to teach them, somehow, you have told the people that this is a role model worthy enough to listen to and follow.
Whatever field it is that you want your people to learn how to be successful in, find a Christian who has been successful in that area and invite him or her. If you don’t know any Christian who has been successful in that field, groom your people to attain success by yourself with the help of the Holy Spirit.
Don’t invite Jezebels to teach the people how to get success from the devil.
OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 KEY POINT: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 13 August 2022
Be very careful who you allow to mount the altar to teach the people.
Thank you for reading today’s devotional Beloved.
Make the decision to be a contributor to the advancement of God’s Kingdom in one way or another. Live your life daily mindful of the purposes and plan of God.
Kindly purchase your own hard copy version of the Open Heavens devotional. You can buy it for your friends too as a potent evangelism tool.
God bless you, as you sow, into the book ministry of Pastor E.A. Adeboye in Jesus’ name.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Kindly share with someone on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 HYMN
DEEPER, DEEPER IN THE LOVE OF JESUS
1. Deeper, deeper in the love of Jesus
Daily let me go;
Higher, higher in the school of wisdom,
More of grace to know.
O deeper yet I pray,
And higher evry day,
And wiser, blessed, Lord,
In Thy precious, holy Word.
2. Deeper, deeper! blessed Holy Spirit,
Take me deeper still,
Till my life is wholly lost in Jesus,
And His perfect will.
3. Deeper, deeper! tho it cost hard trials,
Deeper let me go!
Rooted in the holy love of Jesus,
Let me fruitful grow.
4. Deeper, higher, evry day in Jesus,
Till all conflict past,
Finds me conquror, and in His own image
Perfected at last.
OPEN HEAVEN 13 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ISAIAH 25:1-12, ISAIAH 26:1-21, ISAIAH 27:1-13, ISAIAH 28:1-29