RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL 30 APRIL 2023
LESSON THIRTY-FIVE (35)
TOPIC: THE POWER TO GET WEALTH
*SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN*
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
BIBLE PASSAGE: GENESIS 26:1-4,12-14
There was a famine in the land, besides the first famine that was in the days of Abraham. And Isaac went to Abimelech king of the Philistines, in Gerar.
Then the Lord appeared to him and said: “Do not go down to Egypt; live in the land of which I shall tell you.
Dwell in this land, and I will be with you and bless you; for to you and your descendants I give all these lands, and I will perform the oath which I swore to Abraham your father.
And I will make your descendants multiply as the stars of heaven; I will give to your descendants all these lands; and in your seed all the nations of the earth shall be blessed;
Then Isaac sowed in that land, and reaped in the same year a hundredfold; and the Lord blessed him.
The man began to prosper, and continued prospering until he became very prosperous;
for he had possessions of flocks and possessions of herds and a great number of servants. So the Philistines envied him.
MEMORY VERSE: “And you shall remember the LORD your God, for it is He who gives you power to get wealth, that He may establish His covenant which He swore to your fathers, as it is this day.” Deuteronomy 8:18 (NKJV).
INTRODUCTION: Wealth is the abundance of valuable possessions or money. The Power to get wealth refers to both divine and physical enablement to prosper. When we have wealth, we have more than we need to sustain a normal life. To get wealth, knowledge, as well as its right application is important. Hence, this study will examine some fundamental truths about wealth and principles of wealth creation.
1. SOME FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS ABOUT WEALTH
2..PRINCIPLES OF WEALTH CREATION
1. SOME FUNDAMENTAL TRUTHS ABOUT WEALTH
Christians should note that God wants us to prosper (Ps.35:27; 3Jn.2) because He desires for us to have an abundant life (Jn.10:10b), to provide financial resources for kingdom advancement (Lk.8:3), and to be able to show practical love to humanity (Prov.11:11a). Christians are not called to just survive nor are they to be unduly extravagant (3 Jn.2; Phil.4:5).
As Christians, we should aspire to get wealth and bear in mind that all blessings come from God and belong to Him (Jam.1:17). Also, all blessings come from God through men to men (Lk.6:38) – this is why we must keep healthy relationships. Being wealthy in God’s kingdom is a trust from God, we are only custodians (Deut.8:17-18).
It is pertinent to know that prosperity goes beyond financial blessings (Eph.1:3; 3Jn.2). Therefore, we must strive to achieve all levels of prosperity which include; spiritual, mental, bodily, financial, and relational prosperity (positive relationship with family, friends, and destiny helpers).
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: What is the difference and similarity between wealth and prosperity?
2. PRINCIPLES OF WEALTH CREATION
The principles of wealth creation can be broadly categorised under two divisions: Spiritual principles and Economic principles. To get wealth in the kingdom way, some of the necessary principles include:
1. The principle of absolute surrender (Job 22:21-26; Ps.112:1-3).
2. The principle of tithing and first fruit (Lev.27:30; Mal. 3:8-12; Prov.3:9-10).
3. The principle of giving (Lk.6:38; 2 Cor.9:6-7).
4. The principle of divine wisdom, direction, and strategies (Jam. 1:5; Gen.26:1-2, 12-13; 30:37-43).
In addition to the above, economic principles for wealth creation may include:
1. Principle of mental transformation (Prov.23:7a): the reality captured in your heart is what comes to manifestation. Imagine great things because your mind is an extraordinary fertile garden (Prov.4:23; Phil.4:8).
2. The principles of value: Your value is a measure of your skills, gifts, or abilities – acquired or inherent (Prov.18:16). Be too valuable to be ignored.
3. The principle of productivity: It involves refining and developing your value and turning it into a product or service. Creativity, innovation, competence, and excellence are magnets attracting people, resources, and opportunities to your life (Prov.22:29).
4. The principle of increase/multiplication (Matt.25:14-30): Know how to ‘grow’ money through savings and investments. However, you should be cautious and invest only in things you understand.
5. The principle of networking: Connect with people of like minds and enablers (Prov.13:20). Your network determines your net worth.
CLASS ACTIVITY 2: Do you think you can only pray your way out to be successful? Discuss.
CONCLUSION: When God blesses you, He brings people, opportunities, and resources together to make you great.
* Mention some fundamental truths about wealth
* Mention four principles necessary to get wealth in the kingdom way.
FURTHER READING: MON: Eccl.9:13-16. TUE: Prov.8:12. WED: 2Cor.1:3. THUR: Neh.13:12. FRI: Ps.79:12. SAT: Mk.11:24; SUN: Gen.17:6-8.
ASSIGNMENT: Mention five ways you can multiply and retain wealth (2×5=10 Marks).