RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENTS’ MANUAL 20 MARCH 2022
LESSON TWENTY-NINE (29)
TOPIC: KNOWING GOD’S WILL IN MARRIAGE
*SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN*
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Today’s devotional: Open Heaven 20 March 2022
Powerful Declarations: Powerful Declarations For Today 20 March 2022
Today’s Prayer Points: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 20 March 2022
MEMORY VERSE: “Whoso findeth a wife findeth a good thing, and obtaineth favour of the LORD.”.Proverbs 18:22
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 24:1-19
And Abraham was old, and well stricken in age: and the LORD had blessed Abraham in all things.
And Abraham said unto his eldest servant of his house, that ruled over all that he had, Put, I pray thee, thy hand under my thigh:
And I will make thee swear by the LORD, the God of heaven, and the God of the earth, that thou shalt not take a wife unto my son of the daughters of the Canaanites, among whom I dwell:
But thou shalt go unto my country, and to my kindred, and take a wife unto my son Isaac.
And the servant said unto him, Peradventure the woman will not be willing to follow me unto this land: must I needs bring thy son again unto the land from whence thou camest?
And Abraham said unto him, Beware thou that thou bring not my son thither again.
The LORD God of heaven, which took me from my father’s house, and from the land of my kindred, and which spake unto me, and that sware unto me, saying, Unto thy seed will I give this land; he shall send his angel before thee, and thou shalt take a wife unto my son from thence.
And if the woman will not be willing to follow thee, then thou shalt be clear from this my oath: only bring not my son thither again.
And the servant put his hand under the thigh of Abraham his master, and sware to him concerning that matter.
And the servant took ten camels of the camels of his master, and departed; for all the goods of his master were in his hand: and he arose, and went to Mesopotamia, unto the city of Nahor.
And he made his camels to kneel down without the city by a well of water at the time of the evening, even the time that women go out to draw water.
And he said, O LORD God of my master Abraham, I pray thee, send me good speed this day, and shew kindness unto my master Abraham.
Behold, I stand here by the well of water; and the daughters of the men of the city come out to draw water:
And let it come to pass, that the damsel to whom I shall say, Let down thy pitcher, I pray thee, that I may drink; and she shall say, Drink, and I will give thy camels drink also: let the same be she that thou hast appointed for thy servant Isaac; and thereby shall I know that thou hast shewed kindness unto my master.
And it came to pass, before he had done speaking, that, behold, Rebekah came out, who was born to Bethuel, son of Milcah, the wife of Nahor, Abraham’s brother, with her pitcher upon her shoulder.
And the damsel was very fair to look upon, a virgin, neither had any man known her: and she went down to the well, and filled her pitcher, and came up.
And the servant ran to meet her, and said, Let me, I pray thee, drink a little water of thy pitcher.
And she said, Drink, my lord: and she hasted, and let down her pitcher upon her hand, and gave him drink.
And when she had done giving him drink, she said, I will draw water for thy camels also, until they have done drinking.
INTRODUCTION: Marriage is the intimate union or legal relationship between a husband and wife that should last for a lifetime (Genesis 2:21-23). distance taken before going into this journey are very important to prevent pitfalls knowing God’s will there you do not have to rely on god willing feelings and strange rituals as a child of God will have his word is spirit with angel and his minister to guide and counsel you
1. RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD FIRST
2. PRE-MARITAL COUNSEL
RELATIONSHIP WITH GOD FIRST
Marriage is a creation of God. It is what started from him (Genesis 2:18) God will only guide his own (Jeremiah 10:23). He will not play a guessing game with his people (1Corinthians 14:33). He wants us to know and do is real and is actively involved in revealing it.
Therefore, before seeking God’s will for marriage, develop a relationship with him. (psalm 119:130; psalm 119:105). You must not live your life in fear but in fellowship with God (2Timothy 1:7).
Develop your god-given gift and master our God games with or guide your steps (psalm 85:8; psalm 37:23). Discover your purpose through a relationship with Jesus Christ. (John 18:37).
This will reduce stress give your life meaning and prepare you for insanity (2Peter 1:3-4). You must be found working in his will (vineyard) like Adam and have a source of income (Genesis 15:18) because marriage is not for lazy people.
God does not want his children to be joined with unbelievers (2Corinthians 6:14-16; 1Corinthians 6:15-17). How then do we recognise God’s will in marriage?
1. Through the word of god (Proverbs 3:5-7). God has placed his word in our hand so we we could have a more objective set of guidelines to follow than dreams, feeling and impulses. Despite your dreams conviction, pray to have spiritual backing (Proverbs 18:22; Genesis 2:22; Proverbs 19:14).
2. God will work in you and do is we’ll even use circumstances and situations to perfect his will for your life (Romans 8:28; philippians 2:12-13). You must, therefore, remain sensitive; paying attention to those he opens and close to direct your paths.
3. Through the council of elders or spiritual heads in the church psalm 1:1; Proverbs 19:21; Proverbs 11:14: Proverbs 15:22; acts 1:24; Titus 2:3-5). Do not let passion for sex, peer/parental pressure, age, poverty etc, influence your instant decision. At such sensitive moment, do not despise godly counsel from spiritual heads (Proverbs 14:29b; Isaiah 52:12).
4. The environment’s you are and the friends you keep may also influence your choice. Therefore, keep company e with only believers of like passion (1Corinthians 15:33).
5. Pray fervently. You need to keep the channel of communication with God open, especially by praying without ceasing. This will key you to the mind of God concerning who and when to marry (1Corinthians 29:11).
CONCLUSION: Let God lead you and a choice of your marriage partner.
1. Why a relationship with God before marriage?
2. How do you know God’s will in marriage?
MON: 1 Cor.7:32; TUE: Ps.85:8; WED: Prov.20:18; THUR:Acts 1:24; FRI: Judg.14:1-31:24; SAT: Gen.2:15; SUN: Ps.25:9.
ASSIGNMENT: Mention five (5) dangers of marrying someone who does not believe in your God.