RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL 15TH MARCH 2020: MARITAL BLISS
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: Let thy fountain be blessed: and rejoice with the wife of thy youth. – Proverbs 5:18
BIBLE PASSAGE: PROVERBS 5:15-2
Drink water from your own cistern, And running water from your own well.
Should your fountains be dispersed abroad, Streams of water in the streets?
Let them be only your own, And not for strangers with you.
Let your fountain be blessed, And rejoice with the wife of your youth.
[As a] loving deer and a graceful doe, Let her breasts satisfy you at all times; And always be enraptured with her love.
For why should you, my son, be enraptured by an immoral woman, And be embraced in the arms of a seductress?
Marriage is a sacred vow between a man a woman publicly acknowledged, permanently sealed and physically consummated.
Bliss in marriage means having spiritual, physical and emotional Joy in your marriage.
Therefore, marriage must be based on agreement -Amos 3:3, nurtured with love continuously.
It also requires adjustments and sacrifices by both the husband and wife (Colossians 3:18-19).
1. FOUNDATION FOR MARITAL BLISS
2. ELEMENTS OF CONTINUOUS MARITAL BLISS
FOUNDATION FOR MARITAL BLISS
Marriage is like a beautiful garden. We fall in love, get married, have children and raise family.
The following foundations are required for a blissful marriage:
1. TRUTHFULNESS TO THE MARRIAGE VOW: Play your part in your marriage irrespective of the fact that your spouse plays his/her part (Eccl. 5:4-6)
2. THE WISDOM OF GOD: The wisdom for blissful relationship in marriage comes from God Proverbs 4:5-6)
3. FORGIVENESS: The need to practice advance forgiveness and be kind to one another is Paramount (Luke 17:3-4).
4. ROMANCE AND INTIMACY: These bind the love (Proverbs 5:15-20; 1John 3:18).
5. SETTING BOUNDARY WITH FRIENDS, in-laws and other third parties to avoid misdirection is important (Proverbs 16:28).
6. RESOLVING CONFLICTS in a healthy manner is an ingredient for a blissful marriage, because there’s no winner in any argument (Romans 12:17-18, 21).
7. FINANCIAL INTELLIGENCE. That is, every spending is planned and adequately prepared for (Luke 14:28; Proverbs 18:15).
8. EFFECTIVE COMMUNICATION with the use of each other’s language and listening to one another always are means for the bliss (James 1:19).
9. Appreciate your spouse from time to time and submit to one another (S. Sol. 4:1,7; Ephesians 5:21).
10. Sex matters must be handed wisely (1Corinthians 7:5).
ELEMENTS OF CONTINUOUS MARITAL BLISS
For a marriage relationship to be continuously blissful, here are some ingredients:
1. Pray more and fellowship together (Matthew 18:19; S.Sol. 2:10,13).
2. Always give glory to God, acknowledge Him for helping you so far in the journey and for further leading (1Thessalonians 5:18).
3. Train your children in God’s way to have rest of mind (Genesis 18:19; Proverbs 22:6).
4. Make your companionship unlimited (Genesis 2:24-25).
5. Making Heaven should be the ultimate goal of the couple.
A blissful relationship can take some work and sacrifices. It also requires constant attention.
If properly nurtured, it will thrive, but if neglected, it will wither and die.
1. What Should The Foundation For Marital Bliss Look Like?
2. What Are The Elements Of Continuous Marriage Bliss?