RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL 12TH OF MAY 2019 – GOD’S MASTER PIECE
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
“Whereas thou hast been forsaken and hated, so that no man went through thee, I will make thee an eternal excellency, a joy of many generations.”Isaiah 60:15
BIBLE PASSAGE: Jeremiah 18:1-10 1. The word which came to Jeremiah from the LORD, saying,
2. Arise, and go down to the potter’s house, and there I will cause thee to hear my words.
3. Then I went down to the potter’s house, and, behold, he wrought a work on the wheels.
4. And the vessel that he made of clay was marred in the hand of the potter: so he made it again another vessel, as seemed good to the potter to make it.
5. Then the word of the LORD came to me, saying.
6. O house of Israel, cannot I do with you as this potter? saith the LORD. Behold, as the clay is in the potter’s hand, so are ye in mine hand, O house of Israel.
7. At what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to pluck up, and to pull down, and to destroy it;
8. If that nation, against whom I have pronounced, turn from their evil, I will repent of the evil that I thought to do unto them.
9. And at what instant I shall speak concerning a nation, and concerning a kingdom, to build and to plant it;
10. If it do evil in my sight, that it obey not my voice, then I will repent of the good, wherewith I said I would benefit them.
God’s original intention at creation was to make man a showpiece from ordinary dust (Gen. 1:26-27).
However, man fell short of God’s expectation (Rom. 3:23). The mercy of God still prevails despite the cracks in our log of wood to make us fit into His showcase. Also Read – Open Heaven 10 May 2019
Today, we shall examine some of God’s showpieces that got cracked and how the cracks were mended to make them masterpieces. God can do the same for you.
1. GOD’S SHOWPIECES
2. CRACKED BUT MENDABLE
OUTLINE 1: GOD’S SHOWPIECES
Every hardworking sculptor will want to display His showpiece.
God also has His human showpieces. For instance, God boldly displayed Job before Satan as an outstanding sculpture . (Job 1:8).
God boasted of Abraham’s integrity for the world to emulate.(Gen. 18:9).
God showcased Elijah at Mount Carmel. Baal’s prophets were destroyed and the nation turned to God.(1 Kings 18:21-40). Elijah was also exhibited on his way to heaven. (2 Kings 2:11-12).
Paul was conspicuously showcased as a chosen vessel.(Acts 9:15-16).
You too can make it to God’s showroom if only you surrender your life to Jesus-the Master Sculptor- who is able to save, sanctify you and use you as a vessel unto honour.
OUTLINE 2: CRACKED BUT MENDABLE
When any of the materials being used by a sculptor cracked, he has two options.
One, he could work out a new carving so as not to waste all efforts and time already invested in it.
Secondly, if all efforts to patch prove abortive, he drops the wood for another e.g Saul(1 Sam. 13:13-14); Eli (1 Sam 3:11-14).
Examples of “log of wood” that were showpiece but cracked and were mended until they ultimately became mighty carvings (masterpieces) abound in the Bible:
David- (2 Sam.12:7-13);
Peter(Mark 14:66-72; John 21, 15-17) etc.
Drop your backsliding and compromise. Stop betraying the Lord. Stop struggling with the Holy Spirit in all areas,yield yourself completely to Him. – (Acts 5:1-9). You can become God’s masterpiece.
God is still working on you. Allow Him.
1. What is the difference between a masterpiece and a showpiece?.
2. Give thee examples of God’s showpiece.
3. What can you do in order to become God’s masterpiece?
For Further Reading:
Find out five (5) things each which Eli and Saul did which made God to drop them.