RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL 11 SEPTEMBER 2022
LESSON TWO (02)
TOPIC: KEY TO KNOWING GOD
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
ọThy friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessings on me
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Today’s devotional: Open Heaven 11 September 2022
Powerful Declarations: Powerful Declarations For Today 11 September 2022
Today’s Prayer Points: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 11 September 2022
Teens Devotional: Open Heavens For Teens 11 August 2022
MEMORY VERSE: “And this is life eternal, that they might know thee the only true God, and Jesus Christ, whom thou hast sent”. John 17:3
BIBLE PASSAGE: ACTS 17:22-27
22 Then Paul stood in the midst of Mars’ hill, and said, Ye men of Athens, I perceive that in all things ye are too superstitious.
23 For as I passed by, and beheld your devotions, I found an altar with this inscription, TO THE UNKNOWN GOD. Whom therefore ye ignorantly worship, him declare I unto you.
24 God that made the world and all things therein, seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;
25 Neither is worshipped with men’s hands, as though he needed any thing, seeing he giveth to all life, and breath, and all things;
26 And hath made of one blood all nations of men for to dwell on all the face of the earth, and hath determined the times before appointed, and the bounds of their habitation;
27 That they should seek the Lord, if haply they might feel after him, and find him, though he be not far from every one of us:
INTRODUCTION: Within all of us, there exists a strong desire to be known and to know others. More importantly, there is a void in every individual – a quest to know their creator, even if they are not professed believers in God. The apostle Paul expressed his desire to truly know God (Philippians 3:10). It is therefore, important to address the issue of seeking and truly knowing God.
1. SEEKING GOD IS INEVITABLE
2. KEYS TO TRULY KNOWING GOD
SEEKING GOD IS INEVITABLE
Our desire to seek and know more of God is the essence of true life (John 17:3; Jeremiah 50:4). The thoughts of God should be paramount in our minds because they will determine the value and direction of our lives (Psalm 48:9; 63:6). Seeking God, then, is an ongoing responsibility and privilege for all Christians (Job 5:8). Therefore, Scriptures admonish us to seek God wholeheartedly (Deuteronomy 4:29); early in life (Psalm 63:1; Eccl. 12:1); continually (Psalm 105:4) with joy (Psalm 70:4); by prayer and supplications, with fasting (Daniel 9:3); through His righteousness (Matthew 6:33) and by studying His word (John 5:39).
Assuredly, those who seek God under the conditions stated above shall find Him (Jeremiah 29:13) and be satisfied (Matthew 5:6); they shall understand all things (Proverbs 28:5 and shall not lack any good thing (Psalm 34:10).
KEYS TO TRULY KNOWING GOD
In an attempt to know God, we must:
1. Receive Jesus Christ into our lives (John 1:12): Jesus makes it clear that He alone is the way to Heaven and personal knowledge of God (John 14:6-9).
2. Understand that the Bible is God’s word and a revelation of Himself, His promises, and His will (John 1:1; Psalm 119:105). The Bible is essentially a love letter written to us from a loving God who created us to know Him intimately (2Timothy 3:14-17)
3. Be committed to obeying what we read in the Scriptures (Titus 1:16; John 15:14). We were created to do good works (Ephesians 2:10). Not only must we read and understand God’s word, but we must also apply doctrines obediently and remain faithful (James 1:21-22).
4. Be committed to prayer, personal devotion, fellowship with brethren (Hebrews 10:25) and always worship God in spirit and in truth (John 4:23-24).
5. Allow the Holy Spirit to lead and guide us always (Revelation 8:14, 26-27). Then, our lives can be filled with God, and we can experience knowing Him intimately.
CONCLUSION: If we genuinely hunger and thirst to know God, He will reveal Himself to us.
1. How can believers seek God?
2. What are the benefits of seeking God?
ASSIGNMENT: Prayerfully follow the guidelines in today’s lesson and work on yourself to seek God daily.