RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP
LEADER’S MANUAL DECEMBER 1ST 2019
TOPIC: HOW BEAUTIFUL WHEN BRETHREN DWELL IN UNITY
PRAYER POINT: Father, help is as brethren to dwell in unity as you desire.
MEMORY VERSE: Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity! . Psalm 133:1
TEXT: Psalm 133:1-3
1 Behold, how good and how pleasant it is for brethren to dwell together in unity!
2 It is like the precious ointment upon the head, that ran down upon the beard, even Aaron’s beard: that went down to the skirts of his garments;
3 As the dew of Hermon, and as the dew that descended upon the mountains of Zion: for there the LORD commanded the blessing, even life for evermore.
Read – Open Heavens 2 December 2019
Unity is a powerful force in the universe; it can accomplish almost everything on the face of the earth. In Genesis 11:5-6 God said, that if the people on the earth were left with one language and as united as they were in building the city and tower, they will be unstoppable.
The united are unstoppable; they are adorned with exploits. They achieve what others cannot. The death sentence on the Jews in the days of Esther was reversed by the power of unity as they cried unto God for divine intervention.
TEXT REVIEW: Psalm 133:1-3
i. God releases His blessings upon His United Children.
ii. Unity is pleasurable.
iii. Unity yield fast and great result.
iv. Unity is divine.
v. United we stand, divided we fall.
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF UNITY:
1. Abraham and Lot in Genesis 12:5 and Genesis 13:1-8
2. Ruth and Naomi in Ruth 1:16-17
3. Jonathan and David in 1 Samuel 18:1-4; 19:1-7 and 20:4; 20:35-42
4. The Rechabites in Jeremiah 35:2-5
5. The early church in Acts 2
SCRIPTURAL EXAMPLES OF DISUNITY:
1. Joseph and his brothers in Genesis 37:1-end; 42:21-22
2. The Schechemites in Judges 9:1-6; 22-52
3. Esau and Jacob in Genesis 25 and in Genesis 28
4. The Corinthians in 1 Corinthians 6:1-8
5. Jehu and others in 2 Kings 9
SUMMARY: The in unity cannot be over-emphasized as God works and moves mightily among His united Children.
Nehemiah was able to rebuild the walls of Jerusalem through the power of unity that existed among those who worked with him (Nehemiah 2:18). It is unity that turns a crowd or group of people into a team. The acronym TEAM stands for: Together Everyone Achieves More.
1. Thank God for this great charge of unity among brethren and the church and christian body in general.
2. Pray that God brings back the spirit of unity afresh among His children.
3. Pray for rapid growth of RCCG physically, spiritually and numerically.
4. Pray for Daddy G.O. and his family.
5. Personal prayer request.
GOLDEN DIET FOR THE WEEK
MONDAY: Matthew 18:19 – Benefits of unity.
TUESDAY: Hebrews 13:2 – Be hospitable
WEDNESDAY: 1 John 4:11 – God is love
THURSDAY: Romans 15:25-27 – Care for the brethren
FRIDAY: 1 Corinthians 12:24:25 – Showing concern for one another.
SATURDAY: Ephesians 3:14-21 – Grow together in harmony.
SUNDAY: 2 Corinthians 1:3-6, comfort others.