RCCG HOUSE FELLOWSHIP LEADERS’ MANUAL 28 MAY 2023
LESSON THIRTY-NINE (39)
TOPIC: END OF THIRD QUARTER / INTERACTIVE SESSION
SUMMARY OF LESSONS 27-38
LESSON TWENTY SEVEN (27)
MEMORY VERSE: “The hoary head is a crown of glory if it be found in the way of righteousness” Proverbs 16:31.
BIBLE TEXT: Isaiah 46:3-4.
LESSON INTRODUCTION: Ageing is the process of growing old or older with signs of developing the appearance and characteristics of old age. Every living soul from infancy shall go through this process and begin to experience a decline in biological function and, or strength, which goes on over the entire adult life of the person. It is a fact of life that the young shall also grow.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
BENEFITS OF BELIEVERS AT OLD AGE
1. Old age is a blessing from the Lord and we should never be afraid of aging- Isaiah 46:4
2. When living by the word of God, old age brings wisdom that helps and guides others, particularly younger one – Job 12: 12, Job 32:7.
3. Older people have been through many different experiences that will help your walk of faith and achieving success in assigned tasks or positions- 1Kings 12:6.
4. Elderly Christians do not truly get old if they do not stop seeking the advancement of the Kingdom of God and losing the zeal for Christ – Ps 71: 18-19.
5. Life renewal and sustenance at old age is assured- Ruth 4: 14-15
6. Godly elders continue to flourish and bear fruit of the body and soul winning- Ps 92:12-14
7. God answers the prayers of the elderly- James 5:4
8. Gray or Hoary hair is a crown of glory obtained by following a righteous path- Prov. 16:31, Pro 20: 29.
LESSON OUTLINE TWO:
DANGERS OF OLD AGE WITHOUT CHRIST
1. Disobedience or refusal to remember the creator, submit to and honor Him from the youthful days, makes aging a difficult and troublesome experience full of lamentations- Eccl 12: 1
2. Living our lives away from God the creator makes sustenance at old age difficult without God’s help Ps 100: 3
3. Coping with health problems, social problems and the ability to recover from depression more quickly, become difficult without the help of the Lord.
4. Lacking in fruit-bearing – John 15: 5
5. Hindrance to answered prayers – John 15:7
6. Eternity with the Lord is lost – John 15: 6
ACTIVITIES: What are benefits of living in old age as believers and menace of going through old age without Jesus?
SUMMARY: Old age is blessing from God.
CONCLUSION: Every believer should therefore live righteously through the process from their youth so they can earn the crown of glory at old age.
*LESSON TWENTY EIGHT (28)*
*TOPIC: PARENTAL RESPONSIBILITIES*
MEMORY VERSE: “Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it”. Proverbs 22: 6.
BIBLE TEXT: Psalms 127: 3, Malachi 2: 15, Hebrews 13: 7.
LESSON INTRODUCTION: According to our memory verse, God did not say train up a man. As an adult there are things they cannot learn again, you cannot bend a fish that is already dried. In psalms 127:3, the Bible says children are God’s heritage, they are gifts from God, so being a parent is a blessing from the Lord. Mal. 22:15 says God needs a Godly seed, rising Godly seeds can bring such great joy. Parents have the responsibility to care for the spiritual, physical, material and emotional well-being of their children. The most important biblical duty of a parent is to teach their children about God in action, in word and to lead them in the right path. The biblical role of a parents is to be a good steward of the children God has placed in his/her care.
Therefore, the authority to make decisions concerning and affecting the care, welfare and proper development of the child is known as parental responsibilities. Hence parents have as a duty to protect their children’s rights until they are old enough to make their own way in the world.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
1. RAISE THEM AS GODLY CHILDREN.
We do not own out children; they are the Lord’s. He blessed us with them, he trusts in us to raise them well according to His principles. Ezekiel 18: 4, Psalms 24: 1, 127: 3-5, 22:6.
Teach them bible truth.
2. TEACH THEM BIBLE TRUTH, e.g BIBLE commandments with biblical examples and biblical principles. Be a good role model, be a good example of positive influence. Deut. 11: 18-19, Isaiah 54: 13.
3. DISCIPLINE AND CORRECT THEM.
Discipline and correct our children. God Himself disciplines, rebukes, chastises and corrects His children through His word and instructs His children in righteousness 2 Timothy 22: 5, 23: 13-14, 29: 17.
4. PROVIDE AND EQUIP THEM WITH THEIR NEEDS, LOVE THEM AND LEAD THEM TO THEIR CREATOR.
Be supportive and loving. Protect and give an example of Christ love. Be strong in faith to be able to bring them up, knowing their right from wrong. Children are so important and loved by Jesus that He even compared us to them and said we must be like them to enter His kingdom. Mark 10:14-15, Luke 18:16, Matthew 18:3-5.
5. ENCOURAGE YOUR CHILDREN
Encourage our children, and not provoke them, this will help them grow into Godly men and women as a member of the family of God. Be patient with them, teach them forgiveness and spend quality time with them. Eph. 6:4, Col:3:21, Titus 2:4-6.
LESSON OUTLINE TWO
BENEFITS OF GOOD PARENTING
1. Peace and rest for the children and parents even at old age. Isaiah 54: 13, Proverbs 29:1.
2. Wisdom and understanding of God’s way. Proverbs 4:6-7, James 1: 5, Ephesians 5:6-10.
3. Fear of God and submission to God in all their decisions and absolute trust in God.
Proverbs 1:7, Psalms 111:10, Proverbs 3: 5-6, Proverbs 9: 10.
4. Battle axe in the hand of God – Psalm 127: 4-5.
ACTIVITY: Discuss virtues godly parents should possess.
SUMMARY: To have stress free tomorrow, there must be good foundation for our children.
CONCLUSION: The Bible commands that we point our children in the right direction so that when they are old, they won’t be lost. Train a child on how he/she should live and embrace divine principles that will guide them in the journey of life. Catch vision of successful parenting, it is possible to walk in light of what you have not seen. Proverbs 22: 6.
LESSON TWENTY NINE (29)
TOPIC: GOOD NEWS
MEMORY VERSE: “The light of the eyes rejoiceth the heart: and a good report maketh the bones fat”. Proverbs 15:30.
BIBLE TEXT: The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, Luke 4:18 (KJV)
LESSON INTRODUCTION : Good news can be defined as something that is positive, encouraging, uplifting and desirable. In another concept, it is describe mostly as a message and the type of message which come from our lord. Good news is the message proclaimed by our lord till today, it represents the greatness truth that a Christian can digest. It brings joy to the depressed and it also revives a depressed heart. Genesis 15:30.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
THE BENEFITS OF GOOD NEWS
1. It revives the sprit of man Gen 45:27.
2. It heals the brokenhearted prov 15:30.
3. It brings good tidings. Luke 2:10.
4. It brings hope. Colossians. 1:23
5. It brings joy. John. 15:10-12.
6. It brings relief to the spirit, soul and body
7. It brings reconciliation. Colossians 1:22
8. It break barriers. Mark 7:24
LESSON OUTLINE TWO:
WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU REJECT GOOD NEWS?
Brethren, Jesus himself is a good news. And so, when you reject him you will:
1. Live in total spiritual blackout. Because good news is the lamp that illuminates your pathways.
2. Live in total ignorance. Because the bible says my people perish for lack of knowledge.
3. You reject good news, then you have rejected everlasting life. John 3:16-17.
4. You reject good news, then you are preventing the river of living water to flow out through you.
ACTIVITY: Discuss some dangers of rejecting the offer of good news.
SUMMARY: what avoid the spiritual blackout, you to embrace good news.
CONCLUSIONS: Brethren, good news is my form should be our medicine. So we must embrace it, accept it, live with it, preach it to the orders and use it because rejecting it is as dangerous as digging an early grave for oneself.
LESSON: THIRTY (30)
TOPIC: BE FRUITFUL AND MULTIPLY
MEMORY VERSE: “And God blessed them, and God said unto them, Be fruitful, and multiply, and replenish the earth, and subdue it: and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth”. Genesis 1:28 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: Genesis 1:26-28
LESSON INTRODUCTION: God gave to man the ability to reproduce himself, to gave birth to children. God instead of creating the whole human race by a single word, created one man and one woman and said to them, “I permit you to give birth to my children, to rear, educate, and care for them, teaching them to love me and to respond to my heart yearning.” So, man’s real business was to give birth to God’s children both physically and spirituality through SOUL WINNING.
God also gave His children ability to prosper according to 3 John 1:2. Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth. This gives a responsibility to man that can only be measured by eternity.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
HOW TO BE MULTIPLY AND FRUITFUL
1. Totally obedience to God’s word. Gen. 26:12-13, Deut. 8:18.
2. Giving to the work of God and humanity in general for God loves a cheerful giver. 2 Corinthains. 5:6 Matt. 6:38.
3. Growing up spiritually by studying doing and abiding in the word of God. Joshua 1:8, Psalm 1:1-3, 1Tim. 4:15, 1peter 2:2, John 15: 4-5.
4. Soul winning. Matt. 28: 18-19, Mark 16:15.
5. Prayer. Colossians 1:9-10, Matthew 7:7
ACTIVITY: Members should practice thier spiritual gift by winning souls this week
SUMMARY: He that wins soul is wise proverbs 11:30.
CONCLUSION: We are not coming to the father as begger’s begging for scraps; we come as sons not only claiming our legal rights but claiming the natural right of a child that is begotten in love. No one can hinder us or question our right of approach our father.
*LESSON THIRTY – ONE (31)*
*TOPIC: BENEFITS OF BEING IN CHRIST*
MEMORY VERSE: “Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new. 2 Corinthians 5:17 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: Ephesians 1:1-14
LESSON INTRODUCTION: Being in Christ means having a living relationship with Christ.
To have a living relationship with him, the following most be fulfilled:
1. We must believe and confess him as our personal lord and savior.
2. It must be no longer our WILL but is WILL be done in our lives.
There are many benefits for all those who are Christ, so if you are yet to give your life to him, I want to encourage you to do so today.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
MEANING OF BEING IN CHRIST
1. When we have received Christ as our Lord and savior, we are expected to start living for him.
2. The Holy Spirit indwells us and teaches us how to live and how to please God.
3. Any believer who is in Christ manifest the joy of the lord because he/she is not moved by circumstances surrounding him/her but by the faith because the joy of lord is the believer’s strength.
4. Those in Christ experience an excellent life and abundance of extraordinary results.
5. John 10:10b “I am coming that they might have life and that they might have it abundantly”
LESSON OUTLINE TWO:
BENEFITS OF BEING IN CHRIST
Many benefits accrued to believers who are in Christ but to mention a few:
1. John 3:16 enteral life is one of the promises of God to whosoever believes in him.
2. The old nature will give way to the new nature:
a. Sin will give way to righteousness
b. Hatred for love
c. 1John 1:8-9 ” unforgiveness for forgiveness.
d. Becoming like him.
3. 1 Cor. 10: 31- our life’s will glorify God at all times.
4. John 1:12- He gives us the power to be his son’s and to live for him.
5. The Holy Spirit will become our partner.
6. We are loved by God.
7. Unspeakable joy.
8. Romans 8:1-39. Also explains some other benefits of being in Christ.
SUMMARY: Members should see God’s provision of redemption as blessing to man kind.
CONCLUSION: Anyone who is not in Christ will be in crisis, but we enjoy the benefit of sonship when we are in Christ.
LESSON: THIRTY – TWO (32)
TOPIC: MAKING FULL PROOF OF YOUR MINISTRY
MEMORY VERSE: But watch thou in all things, endure afflictions, do the work of an evangelist, make full proof of thy ministry. 2 Timothy 4:5 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: Matthew 25:13-15
LESSON INTRODUCTION: Ensure believer has been bought by the blood of the lamb to be on divine assignment – 1 Corinthians 6:20, 1Corinthians 7: 23, therefore each believer is positioned to make full proof of divine abilities released to him/her by making sure that the light of God shines wherever he/she goes, delivering the oppressed setting the captives free, ending all embargoes and travails that kept people groaning under demonic taskmaster. I pray that the almighty God will quicken us to be more responsive and responsible to this divine order and obligation in Jesus name.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE: TYPES OF MINISTRY:
Ministry is divine assignment, where you are being developed and empowered, commissioned to bring glory to Almighty God. God did not create anyone to be idle. He wants us to be productive and live a meaningful life – Matthew 21:19, That is why Jesus gave the parable of the man who gave talents to his servants he dividend those talents in proportion to their abilities.
1. PROPHECY: This ministry brings encouragement and comfort. It operates with faith. Roman 12: 6 1 Corinthians 14:3.
2. TEACHING: It operates with unalloyed attention to what heaven say, Roman 12: 7, Act 6 : 4.
3. APOSTLES: This Sent One on a divine assignment. Ephesians 4:11.
4. EVANGELISM: This one share the good news of salvation to unbelievers Act 8:1-8.
5. PASTOR: This is the shepherd overseeing the sheep of the Lord. Jeremiah 3:15.
6. Helping others, Roman 12: 7.
LESSON OUTLINE TWO: HOW CAN YOU MAKE FULL PROOF OF YOUR MINISTRY?
1. Keep a clean mind in all situations.
2. Be watchful, ready to receive divine instructions. Proverbs 1:10.
3. Do not be afraid of intending suffering.
4. Be diligent Proverbs 22: 29.
5. Follow your convictions and godly desires.
6. Respond to the love of God. Hebrew 13:5
7. Respond to the mercy of God. Roman 9:15-16.
8. Be ready to accept rejection. 1Kings 19:3-10.
9. Seek out the mystery of your call.
10. Obey your God-given call. Isaiah 1:19.
ASSIGNMENT : Let everyone at each centre develop and search for ministerial gifts he/ she possesses.
SUMMARY: Ministry is divine assignment, where you are being developed and empowered, commissioned to bring glory to Almighty God. God did not create anyone to be idle.
CONCLUSION: Almighty God has invested in the lives of the Redeemed, therefore we need to carry on to the fulfilment of divine task and make God happy.
LESSON: THIRTY – THREE (33)
TOPIC: MENTORING THE YOUTH
MEMORY VERSE: Likewise, ye younger, submit yourselves unto the elder. Yea, all of you be subject one to another, and be clothed with humility: for God resisteth the proud, and giveth grace to the humble. 1 Peter 5:5 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: 2 Timothy 1:5, Matthew 28:18-20
LESSON INTRODUCTION : Mentoring is the process of training, advising young and less experienced with the goal of making them achieve desired goals. Our Lord Jesus Christ, the mentor of mentors Matt 4:19 invited his disciples to his mentoring program “And he saith unto them, follow me and I will Make you fishers of men”. His goal was to make them Evangelist sharing the gospel of salvation to all men. By Matt 20:28-20, He had completed his mentoring program, He therefore sent them as evangelists to go and fish for men all over the world and make them his disciples,
All parents, teachers and church leaders have the responsibility to mentor the youths under our care so that they will fulfill divine purposes for their lives. Prov, 22:6. may the holy Spirit teach us the more in Jesus name. Amen
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
MENTORING YOUTHS BY PARENTS
Prov .22:6″Train up a child in the way he should grow, and when he is old he Will not depart from it “. The home, made up of father, mother and child (ren) is the source and foundation of every child. Every child receives his /her first training and mentoring from his /her parents, brothers, sisters, aunties, uncle’s, e t c. that live together. Mentoring your children in the way of the Lord is a focused of exposing them to the knowledge and lifestyle of followers of Jesus Christ parent are expected to do the following:
1. Sharing your faith with your children. Deut. 11:19.
2. Teach your children daily about God. Is 54:13, 2 Tim 3:14-15.
3.Teach them to love the Lord and obey him. Gen.18:19, Prov.22:6, Duet.6:7-8.
4. Befriend your children.
5. Correct them in love.Eph .6:4, Heb. 12:6
6. Live by example.1 Tim.14:12, Phil.4:9.
7. Lead your children on daily family Altar.
LESSON OUTLINE TWO:
MENTORING YOUTHS BY THE CHURCH
The church leaders (children and teenage leaders) have the responsibility of mentoring the youth in the way of the Lord. Prov. 22:6
1. Teach them the world of God Prov 9:9, Prov 1:5.
2. Actively listen to them Prov. 11:14, Prov 18:13.
3 Be available 1 Thess 2:8
4. Challenge them with your life. Matt 5:16, 1 Timo 4:12.
5. Follow them up. Prov. 27:23
ACTIVELY: Discuss all that is required, to mentor youths adequately.
SUMMARY: Share your faith with your children and challenge them with your life testimonies to grow their dependence in God in all stages of life
CONCLUSION: Every patient, elder and church Leader has the responsibility of teaching and mentoring the youth to know, live and serve the Lord Jesus. This better accomplishment when you show them by the way we live our lives for Him. 1 Cor 11:1
LESSON: THIRTY – THREE (34)
TOPIC: YOUTHS AND GODLY USE OF ICT
MEMORY VERSE: And he made in Jerusalem engines, invented by cunning men, to be on the towers and upon the bulwarks, to shoot arrows and great stones withal. And his name spread far abroad; for he was marvellously helped, till he was strong. 2 Chronicles 26:15 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: 2 Chronicles 26:1-15
LESSON INTRODUCTION : Youths tend to be creative, adaptable, and innovative. Hence, they stand a greater chance to benefit more from rapid growth of Information and Communication Technology (ICT). The internet which is most used form ICT by Youths, present both opportunity and challenges in terms of their spiritual and social development Parents, Pastors and Teaches must always guide the youths on the godly use of ICT. 2kings 12:2, Ps. 119:37.
INFORMATION AND COMMUNICATION TECHNOLOGY (ICT)
ICT is technology that is used to handle all forms information and communication process which can now all be assessed via the internet. The internet gives users quick access to information content. Youths are more involved in social media which are web- based technologies that facilitate sharing of ideas, thoughts and information through building of virtual network and communities. Social median platforms enable users to create and share contents, build social networks with other people with similar personal, business, career, spiritual interests or activities.
Example are Facebook, Facebook messenger, YouTube, Twitter, Whatsapp, Telegram, LinkedIn, Google+ Yahoo, Snapchat, Zoom, Pinterest, Ouora, TikTok, Viber, ect.
GODLY USE OF ICT
Technology is a very good tools for development that king Uzziah used to build his army and the kindgom of judah in his days. Christian youths can use ICT especially the social media for the following:
1. PROPAGATION OF THE GOSPEL OF JESUS CHRIST. Hab. 2:14, youths are encouraged to use the social media to share their faith in the Lord Jesus across the world.
2. SOCIAL MEDIA INFLUENCERS. Titus 2:7. 1 Tim 4:12. Youths can become great influencers for God through social media as they showcase Christ through their lives and testimonies to the world.
3. BUILDING GODLY RELATIONSHIP. Prov. 18:24, 2 Corinthians 6:14-16. Social media enable Christian youths to easily connect with families, friends school mates, business association on social media to share the scriptures, Prayers, Sermons etc. That will encourage and build their faith in Christ Jesus. Phil 1:3.
4. EDUCATION, BUSINESS AND CORPORATE ENGAGEMENTS Prov. 22:29. ICT (social media) is an effective communication tools for business, advocacy groups etc. Products and services can also be used advertised or marketed via the social media. Likewise education books textbook, papers can be shared via the social media.
CONCLUSION: There is need for discipline and caution in the use of ICT tools by the youths to prevent corruption of their hearts and derailment from fulfillment of their destinies.
LESSON: THIRTY – FIVE (35)
TOPIC: OFFERING, TITHES, AND FIRST FRUITS
MEMORY VERSE: Cast thy bread upon the waters: for thou shalt find it after many days. Ecclesiastes 11:1
BIBLE TEXT: Malachi 3:8-11
LESSON INTRODUCTION : Regular and faithful payment of tithes, offerings and first fruits is mandatory because God commanded it.
This are God’s provisions to bless his sons and daughters
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
Offerings are gifts we offer to God willingly from our hearts in appreciation for offering to be acceptable to God and to attract God’s blessings,it most possibly be given.
1. Regularly: 1 cor 16:2
2. Cheerfully and willingly: 2 Cor.9:7, 2 Cor.8:12
3. Sacrificially:2 cor.8:3-4
4. Abundantly:2 cor.9:6
Tithes is the tenth of all income, wages, profit, gifts etc .God commanded payment of tithes Lev.27:30-32.
1. Abraham paid tithe and his seed which are must pay tithes. Rom.4:11-12, Gal.3:29, Gen.14:18-20.
2. God commanded Israel to pay tithes. Lev.27:30-32, Num.18:21-24.
3. Jesus commanded payment of tithes. Matt.23:23, Luke 18:12.
4. God commends his blessings on tithes.Mal 3:11
5. Non -payment of tithes attract curses.3:9.
6. Tithes should be paid in church/perish where you receive spiritual nourishment
First fruit are first fruit of increase Prov.9:3 ( difference between old and new salary), first fruit of sacrifice (first salary in office or year January), Gen.22:15-18 and redemption of the first male child.Ex.13:13
BENEFITS OF FIRST FRUITS ARE:
1. God promised to fill you with abundant and new blessings.Prov.3:9-10.
2. God promised to bless your children Gen.25:15-18, Gen.24:25-36.
3. God will fill you with material blessings 1kings 3:3-14.
ACTIVITY: Discuss the importance of financial commitment to divine assignment.
SUMMARY: When you obey divine principles laid down you shall surely prosper financially.
CONCLUSION: Our God says only what he will do-Num 23:19.He will honour his word to bless and protect us and our generations once we obediently give our offerings, tithes and first fruits.
*LESSON: THIRTY – SIX (36)*
*TOPIC: SWEARING AND CURSING FORBIDDEN I*
MEMORY VERSE: But I say unto you, Swear not at all; neither by heaven; for it is God’s throne: Matthew 5:34 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: Matthew 5:33-37 (KJV)
LESSON INTRODUCTION : According to Matthew 5:34, the bible says make no oath at all, swearing is a dangerous issues that requires urgent attention because of the implications it brings to the people engaging in it. God warned the children of Israel in Leviticus 19:12 not to swear falsely by His name in other not to fall unto judgement. Swearing or Oath taking means solemn pledge or promise, an affirmed statement to attest to the truth of a contract or obligation.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE:
SWEARING AND ITS IMPORTANT
Swearing means promising things and wanting people to believe you are really telling the truth. When someone swear or take oath, he or she impose curses upon himself or herself.
Swearing or Oath taking has three parts.
1. Attesting, affirming to be correct true or genuine.
2. Calling for God to witness.
3. Invoking God’s punishment if the oath is violated of you say I swear to God what you are saying is that I am telling the truth, I want God to witness, I am telling the truth and I want God to punish of what am saying is lie.
WHY DO PEOPLE SWEAR?
1. Lack of trust 1 Samuel 24: 21-22
2. In ability to get things done properly. Genesis 24:37.
3. Lack of Faith Hebrew 11:1
4. Unbroken hearts having unregulated heart 1samuel 26:18.
5. Deceit of the devil, keeping them from knowing the danger of it. Judge 11: 31.
LESSON OUTLINE TWO:
IMPLICATIONS AND BIBLICAL EXAMPLE
1. Loss of trust Genesis 24:3-5
2. Destiny among the brethren.
3. Operation under demonic embargo
4. Lack of heaven’s support or assistant 1 Samuel 28: 6.
5. It comes with penalty. Leviticus 6:5.
6. Losing battles of life. I Samuel 28:. 5-10.
7. Untimely death and hell. Revelation 21: 8.
8. It bring siege to one’s life. Number 30:2, James 5:12.
9. It make you salve to destroy. Genesis 25:33, Matthew 26: 74, Mark 14:7.
LESSON OUTLINE THREE:
1. Abraham to Abimelech. Genesis 21:23-24
2. Esau swore when he sold his birth right to Jacob his brother. Genesis 25: 33
3. Joshua’s spies to Rahab. Joshua
4. David to Jonathan 1 Samuel 20:17
5. Elders to Israel to inhabitants Gibeon. Joshua 9:2-15.
ACTIVITY: Discuss implications attached to swearing and cursing.
SUMMARY: When your communication with others lack truth, you invoke God’s curse upon yourself
CONCLUSION: Keep your word few, never allow your tongue to bring you to destruction.
LESSON: THIRTY – SEVEN (37)
TOPIC: SWEARING AND CURSING FORBIDDEN II
MEMORY VERSE: And God said unto Balaam, Thou shalt not go with them; thou shalt not curse the people: for they are blessed. Numbers 22:12 (KJV)
BIBLE TEXT: Genesis 31:32
32 With whomsoever thou findest thy gods, let him not live: before our brethren discern thou what is thine with me, and take it to thee. For Jacob knew not that Rachel had stolen them.
LESSON INTRODUCTION : The word ‘CURSE’ according to the scripture is the act of summoning all forces on earth and heaven to destroy someone. I.e. appealing to supernatural power for harm to come to a specific person or group. In other words, to curse means utter a wish of evil against someone, to imprecate evil upon someone, to call for mischief or injury to fall upon someone.
From these above definitions, one can say God hate cursing that’s why 1 John 3:8 says one of the reasons Christ came is to destroy the works of the devil in which curse is one. And we concluded this part, may the almighty God destroy every chain of curse around us in Jesus might name.
LESSON OUTLINE ONE: WHAT CAN CAUSE CURSING?
1. Disobedient to divine order. Genesis 3:14
2. Exposing someone’s secret. Genesis 9:21-25
3. Lack of Self control . Genesis 49:5-7
4. Blaspheming God’s name and His act Leviticus 24: 11-16.
5. Not accepting the officer of salvation. Deuteronomy 27:15.
6. Neglecting your divine responsibilities i.e Tithe payment. Malachi 3:8-9, supporting the needy, windows, orphans. Zechariah 7;10 Roman 12:13, 1Timothy 3:12, 1 peter 4:9
LESSON OUTLINE TWO: WHO CAN CAUSE?
1. The Almighty God. Genesis 3:14, 4:11
2. Spiritual and biological parents. Genesis 9;21-25, 2 king 5:25-27
3. Spouse. Genesis 31:32
4. Superior 2 king 5;25-27
LESSON OUTLINE THREE: WHY GOD FORBIDS CURSING
Curse came to the world through the act of disobedient and other factors but God forbids curse because CURSE;
1. Bring limitations and demons impositions. 2 king 5:27.
2. Makes one’s heaven closed . Genesis 3:17-19.
3. Brings generational struggles and spells. Joshua 6:26, 1 King 16:34.
4. Brings untold hardship and lack of progress. Genesis 35: 16-29.
5. Make one’s dreams unfulfilled.1 Samuel 14:24-29.
6. Untimely death. 2 king 2:24.
Christ has redeemed the whole world from curse Galatians 3:13, that the whole world will enjoy the blessings as Abraham. Genesis 3:4
ACTIVITY: Let members mention those that suffered curses due to act of covetousness
SUMMARY: When you mutilate the act of cursing, you elongate your right to live.
CONCLUSION: God hates swearing and cursing.
LESSON: THIRTY – EIGHT (38)
TOPIC: YE ARE THE TEMPLE OF GOD
MEMORY VERSE: “What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not
your own?”” 1 Corinthians 6:19
BIBLE TEXT: 1 Corinthians 3:16-17
Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and that the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?
If any man defile the temple of God, him shall God destroy; for the temple of God is holy, which temple ye are.
LESSON INTRODUCTION: A temple is a building, a place for worship or dwelling place for God or gods. It is the place where God dwells in, where the spirit of God dwells, the house of God and not necessarily a house built up with bricks or cement.
When you accept the Lord Jesus Christ as your personal Lord and Saviour, God’s spirit comes into you and you become God’s spiritual house, His temple. You are added as a living stone to the temple of God, His dwelling place set up to offer acceptable sacrifices unto Him daily. 1 Peter 2:5, Ephesians 2:20. As God’s temple, your sacrifices must be done in holiness because God cannot behold sin. Romans
12:1, Habakkuk 1:13
LESSON OUTLINE ONE
THE TYPE OF TEMPLE GOD DESIRES
I. Temple of Purity And Power: As God’s temple, you are to consecrate yourself so that God can continually dwell in you. Romans 12:1-2. Psalm 4:3. Only consecrated things are deemed pure and to be used for sacred purposes-2 Tim. 2:19-21. Then God will release His power on you – Luke 10:19 for God is delighted to manifest His great power in and through you. Colossians 2:9-10. God wants to touch and heal through you – Acts.5:15-16, Mark 16:18.
II. Temple of Prayer: God’s temple is the place of prayer where we commune with God. As
God’s children, we should dedicate time to prayer daily. This reveals the measure of our understanding and faith in God. When we pray, we are acknowledging the supremacy of God in our lives by surrendering all at His feet so that He can step in and take over. Luke 18:1, 1 Thess. 5:17. To commune effectively, we cannot afford to toy with sin. Isaiah 59:1-2
III. Temple of Praise: As God’s temple, we are to offer the sacrifice of praise to God
continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name.Hebrews 13:15.
The gates to His presence can only be open by praise – Psalm 100:4-5 and everything we desire in life is available in His Presence. Psalm.16:11
We must therefore ensure we offer God praise every day of our lives to enjoy His blessings daily. Psalm 150
ACTIVITIES: i. Diligently carry out all daily tasks outlined in the Golden Diet for this week.
ii. Check the activity to be done’ for the end of this quarter and plan ahead.
SUMMARY: As God’s temple, you possess divine power to effect positive changes.
CONCLUSION: God’s grace is available and is sufficient for us, 2 Corinthians 12:9. Every Christian should therefore ask and depend on
God’s grace daily to be God’s temple indeed. Matthew 7:7