RCCG HOLY GHOST SERVICE JUNE 2023
Topic: Understanding the God of Wonders
Text: Proverbs 9:10
☆ There is a link between understanding, knowledge, and wisdom.
• To understand someone is to know how they think, act, and react to certain situations. If you understand someone, you can get whatever you want from them.
• It is not easy to say you want to understand God.
However, the Word of God encourages us to understand Him.
Isaiah 40:28, Proverbs 25:2
• When you know Him, you’ll be strong and do exploits. Daniel 11:32
• God does not behave like you’d expect. That He related to you one way yesterday does not mean He will relate with you the same way today.
Isaiah 55: 7-9
• God does not think the way you expect Him to think. 2 Kings 5: 1-14
》 His ways are not our ways; His thoughts are not our thoughts. Proverbs 11:34
》 God wants you to scatter your seeds. Some might not produce fruits, but some will land on good soil. The harvest from those will make up for those that fell on stony ground.
Matthew 13: 6-9, Hosea 8:7
》 God expects you to scatter, and then you will increase.
1 Kings 17: 8-16
》 If you want to have dominion, you must be under authority. Luke 7: 2-10, James 4:7
Submit your business to God, and He will deal with the devourers.
☆ Delay is not denial.
Ecclesiastes 3: 1-8
》 Understand that what you’re calling a long delay is a short time with God. Psalm 90:4, Psalm 46:1
》 God does as He pleases.
》 He reserves the right to change a prophecy to a decree.
▪︎ Prophecy: God says He will do something, but with no time frame.
Genesis 12: 1-3, chapters 15 & 17
▪︎ Decree: God put a time frame to the prophecy He spoke to Abraham. Genesis 18: 1-14, Psalm 33: 8-9
• God loves celebrations.
John 2: 1-11, Exodus 23: 14-16.
+ The first miracle Jesus performed was at a wedding.
• Every time a sinner is saved, Jesus Christ dances. Luke 15:10
When you give your life to Jesus, He rejoices and dances over you.
To give your life to Him, cry to the Lord for the wonder of salvation. Ask Him to forgive your sins, make you His, and put your name in the book of life.