OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS OCTOBER 23 2019 – WALKING BEHIND GOD?
MEMORISE: I am the Almighty God; walk before me, and be thou perfect. Genesis 17:1b
Read: Jonah 1:1-4
1. Now the word of the LORD came unto Jonah the son of Amittai, saying,
2. Arise, go to Nineveh, that great city, and cry against it; for their wickedness is come up before me.
3. But Jonah rose up to flee unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD, and went down to Joppa; and he found a ship going to Tarshish: so he paid the fare thereof, and went down into it, to go with them unto Tarshish from the presence of the LORD.
4. But the LORD sent out a great wind into the sea, and there was a mighty tempest in the sea, so that the ship was like to be broken.
Some years ago, we held a crusade in America and God’s presence came down strongly. As we drove back to the hotel, we kept talking about the move of God but did not thank Him.
On arriving at the hotel, one of my sons quickly got down in order to open the door for me, I don’t know how my fingers came in between the front door and the car itself, but when he jammed the door, he jammed it on my hand and I screamed in serious pain.
As we were going to the hotel room, still in pains, I asked God why that had happened. And the simple answer He gave me was “I came down so mightily and you didn’t even thank me”.
Immediately I told Him I was sorry and began to thank Him, the pain disappeared even before we got to the room. After a while, I pondered on the incidence and I realised God wanted to remind me that being close to Him does not mean He will take any nonsense from me.
God is no respecter of persons, and if you think because He’s using you, you can misbehave by telling little lies, stealing or fornicating, you will suffer dearly for it. Hr told Abraham to walk before Him and be perfect, if you toy with sin, you will walk behind Him.
If you think walking before God is too costly, the alternative is to walk behind Him where Satan is (Luke 4:7)/
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: JEREMIAH 9-10, 1 TIMOTHY 3
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for theres no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.