OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS OCTOBER 14 2019
THEME: FEAR OF THE LORD
MEMORISE: The fear of the LORD is the beginning of wisdom: and the knowledge of the holy is understanding. Proverbs 9:10
Read: Genesis 39:7-9
7. And it came to pass after these things, that his master’s wife cast her eyes upon Joseph; and she said, Lie with me.
8. But he refused, and said unto his master’s wife, Behold, my master wotteth not what is with me in the house, and he hath committed all that he hath to my hand;
9. There is none greater in this house than I; neither hath he kept back any thing from me but thee, because thou art his wife: how then can I do this great wickedness, and sin against God?
Good morning our beloved children, thank you for coming here to read God’s word every morning. Jesus loves you, that’s why you are reading this. On our part, we will improve the time of posting your devotional, to enable you come here early.
We will be organizing something wonderful for all of you by December 2019. Keep listening to mummy and daddy, they love you more than anyone else in this world. Don’t misinterprete their discipline for wickedness. Pray for your family, pray for yourself and pray for the orphans, destitutes and helpless teenagers around the world. Jesus loves you, don’t disappoint Him.
We live in a world where there are teachers who teach them since God is love, and we are in the realm of grace, then God cannot punish you for any sin that you commit. They even go as far as saying that God cannot send them to hell because His love endures forever.
They are big liars and in 2Corinthians 11:15, Paul describes such teachers as agents of the devil.
My child, don’t let anybody deceive you. Ananias and Sapphira were in the New Testament, and we read of how they dropped dead immediately for telling lies to the Holy Spirit in Acts 5:1-11.
The fear of the Lord is indeed the beginning of wisdom. Someone who is described as a consuming fire should rally be feared. Even a mad dog will run when it sees fire, how much more a sane human being. Fear God; avoid sin and always do His will.
Matthew 25:31-41 is in the new testament and it says that Jesus will come back to separate the sheep from the goats. The sheep will reign with Him in heaven while the goats will be cast into everlasting fire that was prepared for the devil and his agents (Matthew 25:41).
Don’t be deceived, hell is real and God should be feared.
Read – Open Heavens 14 October 2019
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 50-52, 1 Thessalonians 1
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.