OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 9 OCTOBER 2019
THEME: PRETEND CHRISTIAN?
MEMORISE: This people draweth nigh unto me with their mouth, and honoureth me with their lips; but their heart is far from me. Matthew 15:8
Read: 1 Corinthians 5:6-11
6. Your glorying is not good. Know ye not that a little leaven leaveneth the whole lump?
7. Purge out therefore the old leaven, that ye may be a new lump, as ye are unleavened. For even Christ our passover is sacrificed for us:
8. Therefore let us keep the feast, not with old leaven, neither with the leaven of malice and wickedness; but with the unleavened bread of sincerity and truth.
9. I wrote unto you in an epistle not to company with fornicators:
10. Yet not altogether with the fornicators of this world, or with the covetous, or extortioners, or with idolaters; for then must ye needs go out of the world.
11. But now I have written unto you not to keep company, if any man that is called a brother be a fornicator, or covetous, or an idolater, or a railer, or a drunkard, or an extortioner; with such an one no not to eat.
Read – Open Heavens 9 October 2019
To pretend means to act like what you are not. It also means to live a double standard life. In other words, when you are with people who know you, you act differently, but when you are not with them, your true colour comes out.
A pretend Christian is a fellow who loves a completely different life in school from the one he lives at home. A pretend Christian gets into University and moves away from the Christian values that were his lifestyle at home, then gets back home and begins to act like a Christian again.
If you are not bold enough to wear the clothes you wear in School at home before your parents; then you are living a life of pretence.
A pretend Christian is not bold enough to stand for anything; he is neither hot nor cold. As far as God is concerned, a pretend Christian is an unbeliever and had no place in heaven. If you have been living a double standard life, you better repent now.
Don’t wait for God to spew you out, repent today.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: ISAIAH 41-42, COLOSSIANS 1
1. I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.