OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 5 OCTOBER 2019
THEME: UPGRADE YOUR OBEDIENCE
MEMORISE: Behold, to obey is better than sacrifice, and to hearken than the fat of rams. 1 Samuel 15:22
Read: John 14:15-23
15. If ye love me, keep my commandments.
16. And I will pray the Father, and he shall give you another Comforter, that he may abide with you for ever;
17. Even the Spirit of truth; whom the world cannot receive, because it seeth him not, neither knoweth him: but ye know him; for he dwelleth with you, and shall be in you.
18. I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you.
19. Yet a little while, and the world seeth me no more; but ye see me: because I live, ye shall live also.
20. At that day ye shall know that I am in my Father, and ye in me, and I in you.
21. He that hath my commandments, and keepeth them, he it is that loveth me: and he that loveth me shall be loved of my Father, and I will love him, and will manifest myself to him.
Judas saith unto him, not Iscariot, 22. Lord, how is it that thou wilt manifest thyself unto us, and not unto the world?
23. Jesus answered and said unto him, If a man love me, he will keep my words: and my Father will love him, and we will come unto him, and make our abode with him.
From the story of Saul in today’s memory verse, we can see that to God, incomplete obedience is disobedience. Saul’s incomplete obedience is what destroyed him.
The sad thing is that some of us are still like Saul; we do God’s bidding partially rather than in full. What God requires of us is full obedience, not half obedience.
Revelations 3:16 says you should either be hot or cold. If you are lukewarm, God will reject you immediately. With God, there is no sitting on the fence; you are either in or out, obedient or disobedient.
You need to check your life today, what are the things that you are still doing against the will of God? Stop doing them henceforth because these things can have very dangerous effects on your life. Learn from Saul.
Those who truly love God never want to offend Him at all no matter how small the offence may seem.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Isaiah 31-33, Philippians 1
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for theres no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.