OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 3 DECEMBER 3 2019 TUESDAY: ANGER CONTROL
MEMORISE: Be not hasty in thy spirit to be angry: for anger resteth in the bosom of fools. Ecclesiastes 7:9
Read: Revelation 2:18-29
18. And unto the angel of the church in Thyatira write; These things saith the Son of God, who hath his eyes like unto a flame of fire, and his feet are like fine brass;
19. I know thy works, and charity, and service, and faith, and thy patience, and thy works; and the last to be more than the first.
20. Notwithstanding I have a few things against thee, because thou sufferest that woman Jezebel, which calleth herself a prophetess, to teach and to seduce my servants to commit fornication, and to eat things sacrificed unto idols.
21. And I gave her space to repent of her fornication; and she repented not.
22. Behold, I will cast her into a bed, and them that commit adultery with her into great tribulation, except they repent of their deeds.
23. And I will kill her children with death; and all the churches shall know that I am he which searcheth the reins and hearts: and I will give unto every one of you according to your works.
24. But unto you I say, and unto the rest in Thyatira, as many as have not this doctrine, and which have not known the depths of Satan, as they speak; I will put upon you none other burden.
25. But that which ye have already hold fast till I come.
26. And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:
27. And he shall rule them with a rod of iron; as the vessels of a potter shall they be broken to shivers: even as I received of my Father.
28. And I will give him the morning star.
29. He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches.
Read – Open Heavens 3 December 2019
Just like we can tell the different mood of our earthly father, we should also be able to know the different moods of our Heavenly Father. If you pay attention to God’s voice, you can tell when He is happy, sad or angry.
Even in His angry mood, He corrects in love. For instance, in Revelation 3:18-29, the Lord assessed the state of the church in Thyatira and commended them for several things they did well before mentioning the things that they did not do well.
In your moment of anger, do you see the good in others? This attribute of God reminds us that He is ever in control of His emotions, and that is what is expected of us as His children.
Never get so angry with your parents, siblings, teachers or friends that you fail to see the good in them. Never tell someone what they have done wrong if you have not first told them what they did right.
Always criticise to build up, not to break down a person’s spirit
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Daniel 1-2; 1 John 2
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Savior?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for those that are lost?
Have you urged upon those who are straying
The Savior who does on the cross
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it a daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation?
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from sin;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.