OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 2 OCTOBER 2019 WEDNESDAY
THEME: MAKE PEACE
Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God. Matthew 5:9
Read: Matthew 18:15-17
15. Moreover if thy brother shall trespass against thee, go and tell him his fault between thee and him alone: if he shall hear thee, thou hast gained thy brother.
16. But if he will not hear thee, then take with thee one or two more, that in the mouth of two or three witnesses every word may be established.
17. And if he shall neglect to hear them, tell it unto the church: but if he neglect to hear the church, let him be unto thee as an heathen man and a publican.
It is impossible for people not to offend you, the quality of your character is in what you do when they offend you.
According to our memory verse for today, the peacemakers are the children of God. Now, if the peacemaker is a child of God, then whose child is a troublemaker?
When you choose quarrel or fight over peace, you give the devil room in your life. Every time someone offends you, take a deep breath and choose peace as a child of God that you are.
Sometimes, our ego gets in the way of our pursuit for peace; you don’t want to seem like a weakling, so you fight.
The one who decides to let peace reign is the strong and mature one while the one who decides to fight has no control over their emotions. Letting peace reign brings more honour to you and proves to everyone that you are truly a child of God.
When your friends are angry with each other, do you fuel their anger so that they can fight or do you help them overcome the anger quickly? Are you a peacemaker or a troublemaker?
Father, help me to be a peacemaker at all times.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 24-26, Ephesians 4
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Savior?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for those that are lost?
Have you urged upon those who are straying
The Savior who does on the cross
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it a daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation?
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from sin;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.