OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 17 OCTOBER 2019 – THE DANGERS OF FORNICATION
MEMORISE: For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life. Proverbs 6:26
Read: Proverbs 6:24-28
24. To keep thee from the evil woman, from the flattery of the tongue of a strange woman.
25. Lust not after her beauty in thine heart; neither let her take thee with her eyelids.
26. For by means of a whorish woman a man is brought to a piece of bread: and the adulteress will hunt for the precious life.
27. Can a man take fire in his bosom, and his clothes not be burned?
28. Can one go upon hot coals, and his feet not be burned?
Formication is a deadly sin that easily destroys lives and destinies; it is not a sin to be toyed with at all. Unfortunately, you teenagers are tempted with fornication very often. The devil presents it you as enjoyment, but behind it are great losses.
Fornication ignites a fire that leads to self destruction immediately it is committed. The fire burns and does not quench until it finally destroys the fornicator, Job 31:12 says,
“For it is a fire that consumeth to destruction, and would root out all mine increase.”
When you have sexual relations with someone before marriage, Proverbs 6:26 says that you are reduced to a piece of bread. This means that all the great talents and potentials that God gave to you will be eroded. The destiny of such a fellow is destroyed except he repents.
During sexual relations, there is an exchange of spirits. Since fornication is a sinful act, you can be sure there are evil spirits involved. This is why some young people today are carrying curses and problems that they know nothing about yet. Fornication destroys.
Don’t destroy your beautiful future for a few minutes of pleasure. If you are already in fornication, confess and repent now.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Isaiah 59-61, 1 Thessalonians 4
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E. A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye