OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 14 NOVEMBER 2019 TEMPTING SELF?
MEMORISE: And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth. John 1:14
Read: John 1:13-15
13. Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.
14. And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.
15. John bare witness of him, and cried, saying, This was he of whom I spake, He that cometh after me is preferred before me: for he was before me.
The distance a believer keeps from sin shows whether the fellow is wise or not. If you stay in the same room with someone of the opposite sex, you are tempting yourself.
If a nude picture pops up on your phone and you look at it instead of scrolling away, you are tempting yourself.
If you see something that is not yours and rather than report the stolen item to the appropriate authorities, you decide to keep it till you find someone who says they have lost that thing, you are tempting yourself with theft.
When you know that engaging in a certain thing has led you to sin before, desist from that thing totally. You have to keep your distance from anything that makes you feel like sinning.
We sometimes fall because the flesh is weak even though the spirit is willing, but you can strengthen your spirit man by studying and meditating on God’s word.
The Psalmist said, “Thy word have I hid in my heart that I may not sin against Thee”. Keep His word in your heart so that it can keep you away from sin.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Ezekiel 7-9, Hebrews 10:24-39
1. I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.