OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 9 MARCH 2020 MONDAY: RESTITUTION
MEMORISE: And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold. Luke 19:8
READ: LUKE 19:1-10
1. And Jesus entered and passed through Jericho.
2. And, behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus, which was the chief among the publicans, and he was rich.
3. And he sought to see Jesus who he was; and could not for the press, because he was little of stature.
4. And he ran before, and climbed up into a sycomore tree to see him: for he was to pass that way.
5. And when Jesus came to the place, he looked up, and saw him, and said unto him, Zacchaeus, make haste, and come down; for to day I must abide at thy house.
6. And he made haste, and came down, and received him joyfully.
7. And when they saw it, they all murmured, saying, That he was gone to be guest with a man that is a sinner.
8. And Zacchaeus stood, and said unto the Lord; Behold, Lord, the half of my goods I give to the poor; and if I have taken any thing from any man by false accusation, I restore him fourfold.
9. And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.
10. For the Son of man is come to seek and to save that which was lost.
JOIN US IN PRAYERS: PRAYER POINTS ON TODAY’S OPEN HEAVENS 9 MARCH 2020 MONDAY
JOIN US TO DECLARE: DAILY DECLARATIONS FOR TODAY 9 MARCH 2020 MONDAY
READ TOMORROW’S DEVOTIONAL: OPEN HEAVEN 10 MARCH 2020 TUESDAY: GUARD YOUR HEART
Restitution is the act of returning what was previously stolen or making right what was done wrong.
Though many people say that restitution is an Old Testament practice and it is not necessary anymore, they are clearly wrong because Jesus lent credence to it by approving Zaccheus’ restitution plan.
In fact, the moment Zaccheus announced his plan, Jesus Christ said:
_”And Jesus said unto him, This day is salvation come to this house, forsomuch as he also is a son of Abraham.“_ Luke 19:9
The true proof of your repentance is your willingness to right your wrongs.
It shows that you really regret the things that you did wrong.
Everything that you have stolej should be returned to its rightful owner.
If you ha e lied against someone, you should go and confess the truth to the authorities involved.
Most teenagers lie to their parents about things that they need to buy in school.
Where something costs N500, they say it costs N1000. Now you are a Christian, you should make restitution.
You.may not have the money to pay your parents back, but at least confess the truth to them.
If you are not sure of how to go about the restitution, seek counsel from your pastor.
You will be surprised at how much peace you will feel after restitutions your ways.
This will not only bring you peace but also please your Father in heaven.
Remember the things that you have stolen and return the ones you can or confess to the person you stole them from.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
DUETERONOMY 8-10 ; MARK 12:28-44
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: PASTOR E.A. ADEBOYE
PASTOR (MRS.) FOLU ADEBOYE