OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 25 FEBRUARY 2020
THEME: HOARDING KNOWLEDGE?
MEMORISE: And the things that thou hast heard of me among many witnesses, the same commit thou to faithful men, who shall be able to teach others also. 2 Timothy 2:2
READ: PROVERBS 11:24-26
24. There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.
25. The liberal soul shall be made fat: and he that watereth shall be watered also himself.
26. He that withholdeth corn, the people shall curse him: but blessing shall be upon the head of him that selleth it.
Amongst teenagers, there is always that person who hoards knowledge.
Such people will not want anyone else to be better than them, so they will rather keep their knowledge secret.
Some of these people actually want to learn from others but never want to share their knowledge.
The Bible says in Acts 20:35:
_”I have shewed you all things, how that so labouring ye ought to support the weak, and to remember the words of the Lord Jesus, how he said, It is more blessed to give than to receive.“_
If you are one of such people, then you need to change immediately. Proverbs 11:24 says
_”There is that scattereth, and yet increaseth; and there is that withholdeth more than is meet, but it tendeth to poverty.“_
The more you share, the more you get. The best way to remember what you have read is to teach others.
Stagnant water stinks but flowing water is fresh all the time.
If what you have flows to bless others, you will receive freshness in your mind.
On the other hand, if you always bottle up the knowledge even when you see people that might need it, you might lose it
The best way to remember what you have read is to teach others.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
NUMBERS 14-15 ; MARK 6:1-32
1. Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.
2. God, with all-commanding might,
Filled the new-made world with light:
3. All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
4. Let us then with gladsome mind
Praise the Lord, for He is kind:
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye