OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 20 FEBRUARY 2020: : LOSING RELEVANCE?
MEMORISE: And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand. Genesis 39:3
READ: GENESIS 39:2-6
2. And the LORD was with Joseph, and he was a prosperous man; and he was in the house of his master the Egyptian.
3. And his master saw that the LORD was with him, and that the LORD made all that he did to prosper in his hand.
4. And Joseph found grace in his sight, and he served him: and he made him overseer over his house, and all that he had he put into his hand.
5. And it came to pass from the time that he had made him overseer in his house, and over all that he had, that the LORD blessed the Egyptian’s house for Joseph’s sake; and the blessing of the LORD was upon all that he had in the house, and in the field.
6. And he left all that he had in Joseph’s hand; and he knew not ought he had, save the bread which he did eat. And Joseph was a goodly person, and well favoured.
When a child of God is present in a place, God is there too. This is because 1 Corinthians 6:19 says:
“What? know ye not that your body is the temple of the Holy Ghost which is in you, which ye have of God, and ye are not your own?“
Your presence in your family should benefit your family members.
The fortune of your family members can change just because you are there.
Like Paul, lives could be saved because you took a bus, taxi, boat or aeroplane (Acts 27:24).
Your co-tenants can enjoy immunity from armed robbery because of you.
Potiphar prospered simply because of Joseph’s presence.
Laban also prospered because of Jacob’s involvement in his business.
What benefits are others receiving by your presence?
If your presence in a group assignment or neighborhood is not bringing progress and blessings to others, then there is something wrong with your relationship with God.
Your salt is losing its savour, your light is losing its shine; you are fat losing your value.
Run back to God and find out what has gone wrong.
Make amends and reoccupy your place of relevance.
Father, because of your presence in my life, make everyone around me enjoy your blessings in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
NUMBERS 3-4 ; MARK 3:22-35
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Savior?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for those that are lost?
Have you urged upon those who are straying
The Savior who does on the cross
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it a daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation?
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from sin;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye