OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 19TH JANUARY 2020
MEMORISE: And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan. Luke 17:16
READ: LUKE 17:12-19
12. And as he entered into a certain village, there met him ten men that were lepers, which stood afar off:
13. And they lifted up their voices, and said, Jesus, Master, have mercy on us.
14. And when he saw them, he said unto them, Go shew yourselves unto the priests.
15. And it came to pass, that, as they went, they were cleansed. And one of them, when he saw that he was healed, turned back, and with a loud voice glorified God,
16. And fell down on his face at his feet, giving him thanks: and he was a Samaritan.
17. And Jesus answering said, Were there not ten cleansed? but where are the nine?
18. There are not found that returned to give glory to God, save this stranger.
19. And he said unto him, Arise, go thy way: thy faith hath made thee whole.
READ – OPEN HEAVEN 19 JANUARY 2020
READ – OPEN HEAVEN 20 JANUARY 2020
Ingratitude is a terrible thing that must not be found in the heart of any child of God. When someone gives you something or does something for you, you should learn to say “thank you“.
When you finish eating, whether in your house or someone else’s house, you should learn to say “thank you” to whoever provided the food the person that cooked it.
A person that says “thank you” regularly never lacks because it is easy to give to someone who is appreciative.
There are different ways to express gratitude and one of such is to actually say “Thank You“.
This however should be said from your heart and not just as mere routine or courtesy, especially when you are addressing God.
Another way of expressing gratitude to God is through praise and worship. When you think of the things He has done for you in the past, begin to praise Him.
That is what King David did in 2 Samuel 6;20-22, when he danced with all his might and he told his wife that he was dancing to show God appreciation for taking the throne of Saul and giving it to him.
Go to your parents/guardians this morning and say thank you for always taking good care of you.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: GENESIS 44-45 ; MATTHEW 14:1-21
1. Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.
2. God, with all-commanding might,
Filled the new-made world with light:
3. All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
4. Let us then with gladsome mind
Praise the Lord, for He is kind:
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye