OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 18TH FEBRUARY 2020
THEME: REQUESTING THE IMPOSSIBLE
MEMORISE: And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude. Matthew 15:36
READ: MATTHEW 15:32-38
32. Then Jesus called his disciples unto him, and said, I have compassion on the multitude, because they continue with me now three days, and have nothing to eat: and I will not send them away fasting, lest they faint in the way.
33. And his disciples say unto him, Whence should we have so much bread in the wilderness, as to fill so great a multitude?
34. And Jesus saith unto them, How many loaves have ye? And they said, Seven, and a few little fishes.
35. And he commanded the multitude to sit down on the ground.
36. And he took the seven loaves and the fishes, and gave thanks, and brake them, and gave to his disciples, and the disciples to the multitude.
37. And they did all eat, and were filled: and they took up of the broken meat that was left seven baskets full.
38. And they that did eat were four thousand men, beside women and children.
ALSO READ: OPEN HEAVEN 19 FEBRUARY 2020
“Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.” Philippians 4:6
Whenever we see Jesus requesting a miracle from God, we know that He starts with thanksgiving.
When He was going to feed five thousand men with five loaves of bread and two fish, He gave thanks first (Matthew 14:19).
When He was going to raise Lazarus from the dead, He also gave thanks first.
This tells us that your request is not complete without thanksgiving.
In fact, Philippians 4:6 says it clearly that when you are making your requests to God, ensure that it comes with thanksgiving.
Psalm 100:4 says that if you want to enter His gates, you should come with thanksgiving.
This is the reason that many prayers have gone unanswered, because the fellow praying did not come with thanksgiving and so did not get access into the gates at all.
Presenting your request with thanksgiving will make God grant a request as difficult as raising a man that has been dead for four days.
Begin to thank God for all the great things He has done for you
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
Leviticus 26-27 ; Mark 2
1.To God be glory, great things He hath done,
So loved he the world that He gave us His son,
Who yielded His life an atonement for sin
And opened the life gate that all may go in.
Praise the Lord! Praise the Lord
Let the earth hear his voice!
Praise the Lord Praise the Lord
Let the people rejoice!
O Come to the father,
Through Jesus the son;
And give Him the glory!
Great things he hath done!
2.O perfect redemption, the purchase of blood,
To every believer the promise of God;
The vilest offender who truly believes That moment from Jesus a pardon receives.
3.Great things he hath taught us
Great things He hath done,
And great our rejoicing through Jesus the son;
But purer, and higher, and greater will be Our wonder, our transport when Jesus we see
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye