OPEN HEAVENS DAILY FOR TEENS 8TH FEBRUARY 2020 SATURDAY
THEME: CLEANLINESS AND GODLINESS
MEMORISE: Wash you, make you clean; Isaiah 1:16a
READ: DEUTERONOMY 23:12-14
12. Thou shalt have a place also without the camp, whither thou shalt go forth abroad:
13. And thou shalt have a paddle upon thy weapon; and it shall be, when thou wilt ease thyself abroad, thou shalt dig therewith, and shalt turn back and cover that which cometh from thee:
14. For the LORD thy God walketh in the midst of thy camp, to deliver thee, and to give up thine enemies before thee; therefore shall thy camp be holy: that he see no unclean thing in thee, and turn away from thee.
READ ALSO: OPEN HEAVEN 9 FEBRUARY 2020 SUNDAY
READ ALSO: OPEN HEAVEN 8 FEBRUARY 2020 SUNDAY
You must have heard the saying “cleanliness is next to godliness”.
This is true. Our God is holy and pure. He will never stay in a dirty environment or dirty body.
As a teenager, it is expedient to keep personal hygiene for many reasons.
One of the reasons is that a dirty habit is difficult to break, so if you get used to being dirty at this stage, you might find it difficult to break.
You are also in your puberty stage when a lot of physical changes are happening in your body.
Not maintaining a good hygiene might lead to you having an unpleasant odour coming out of your mouth, armpits and private parts. It is therefore wide to take good care of the your body.
You can do this by brushing your teeth twice daily, having your bath at least twice daily especially when you return from school or engage in any exercise that make you sweat.
Wash your underwear thoroughly. Don’t use them more than once before washing them.
You also have to take good care of your hair, especially if you are a girl who weaves her hair. Wash your hair before you make a new style.
If you must keep your hair as a boy, ensure it is always neat and well trimmed.
As you keep your body clean, so should you do to your environment.
God will never stay in a dirty place whether physical (house) or spiritual (your body and soul).
People shouldn’t endue your presence as a result of odour. They should enjoy your presence.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: LEVITICUS 4-6 ; MATTHEW 25:1-30
1. When we walk with the Lord in the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way!
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey, for there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus, but to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise, not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away;
Not a doubt or a fear, not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear, not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay;
Not a grief or a loss, not a frown or a cross,
But is blessed if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove the delights of His love
Until all on the altar we lay;
For the favor He shows, for the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet we will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way;
What He says we will do, where He sends we will go;
Never fear, only trust and obey.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye