OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 12 NOVEMBER 2019 KEEPING A DISTANCE FROM SIN
MEMORISE: A wise man feareth, and departeth from evil: but the fool rageth, and is confident. Proverbs 14:16
Read: Matthew 5:28-30
28. But I say unto you, That whosoever looketh on a woman to lust after her hath committed adultery with her already in his heart.
29. And if thy right eye offend thee, pluck it out, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
30. And if thy right hand offend thee, cut if off, and cast it from thee: for it is profitable for thee that one of thy members should perish, and not that thy whole body should be cast into hell.
Another way to identify a wise person is by his attitude to sin. A wise fellow keeps a distance from sin. He is aware that sin can destroy his glorious destiny and he flees from it passionately.
Joseph was a wise person because he fled from the sin of fornication without looking back. He left the scene without his clothes because he was determined to fulfill his destiny.
What is that sin you keep engaging in? Keep away from it henceforth. Withdraw yourself from the environment that can lead you back to that sin. Break every link you have with it, be it human contact or technological contact.
Some people vow to stop going back to a particular sin but fail to disconnect themselves from the things that trigger the urge to commit the sin. That is self deception.
Sin is very deadly, Jesus even advised that it is better to cut your hand and pluck out your eyes to avoid sinning than to commit sin.
Father, where there is no distance from sin in my life, create it and help me maintain it in Jesus’ name.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR:
1. I am Thine 0 Lord, I have heard Thy voice,
And it told Thy love to me;
But I long to rise in the arms of faith
And be closer drawn to Thee.
Draw me nearer, nearer blessed Lord
To the cross where Thou hast died;
Draw me nearer, nearer, nearer blessed Lord,
To Thy precious, bleeding side.
2. Consecrate me now to Thy service, Lord,
By the pow’r of grace divine;
Let my soul look up with a steadfast hope,
And my will be lost in Thine.
3. Oh, the pure delight of a single hour
That before Thy throne I spend,
When I kneel in prayer, and with Thee, my God
I commune as friend with friend!
4. There are depths of love that I cannot know
Till I cross the narrow sea;
There are heights of joy that I may not reach
Till I rest in peace with Thee.
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.