OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 MONDAY : DORCAS
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 MEMORIZE: Be not deceived: God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap. Galatiansans 6:7
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 BIBLE READING ACTS 9:36-40
36. Now there was at Joppa a certain disciple named Tabitha, which by interpretation is called Dorcas: this woman was full of good works and almsdeeds which she did.
37. And it came to pass in those days, that she was sick, and died: whom when they had washed, they laid her in an upper chamber.
38. And forasmuch as Lydda was nigh to Joppa, and the disciples had heard that Peter was there, they sent unto him two men, desiring him that he would not delay to come to them.
39. Then Peter arose and went with them. When he was come, they brought him into the upper chamber: and all the widows stood by him weeping, and shewing the coats and garments which Dorcas made, while she was with them.
4O. But Peter put them all forth, and kneeled down, and prayed; and turning him to the body said, Tabitha, arise. And she opened her eyes: and when she saw Peter, she sat up.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 9 AUGUST 2021
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 MESSAGE
The world needs more young people who will be ready to do good things and show acts of kindness.
Dorcas had a ministry of giving to the widows. She made clothes for them to cover their nakedness.
One day, she became sick and died but the people persuaded Peter to pray for her to come back to life; they weren’t ready to lose their benefactor.
Today, many young people are struggling to be seen on the pulpit. They do all kinds of things to get invited to certain events because they seek recognition.
Rather than seek fame, be like Dorcas who didn’t seek fame but was famous because she had impact on the people in her immediate environment.
It is not enough to be called a Christian, you need to do charity in your own little way. Give willingly to those you perceive lack around you.
You may give cash or clothing items, you can share your knowledge with the weak students in your class.
No help is little. Charity begins from home they say, so, let those around you benefit good things from you.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 KEY POINT
Visit an orphanage or needy person this month and take something along.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 HYMN
I’VE FOUND A FRIEND IN JESUS
1. I’ve found a friend in Jesus,
He’s everything to me,
He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul;
The Lily of the Valley, in Him alone I see
All I need to cleanse and make me fully whole.
In sorrow He’s my comfort,
In trouble He’s my stay;
He tells me every care on Him to roll.
He’s the Lily of the Valley,
the Bright and Morning Star,
He’s the fairest of ten thousand to my soul.
2. He all my griefs has taken,
and all my sorrows borne;
In temptation He’s my strong and mighty tow’r;
I’ve all for Him forsaken,
and all my idols torn
From my heart and now
He keeps me by His pow’r.
Though all the world forsake me,
and Satan tempt me sore,
Through Jesus I shall safely reach the goal.
3. He’ll never, never leave me,
nor yet forsake me here,
While I live by faith and do His blessed will;
A wall of fire about me,
I’ve nothing now to fear,
From His manna
He my hungry soul shall fill.
Then sweeping up to glory to see
His blessed face,
Where rivers of delight shall ever roll.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 9 AUGUST 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 85:1-13, PSALMS 86:1-17, PSALMS 87:1-7, ROMANS 9:1-33