OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 SATURDAY: HEAR AND DO
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 MEMORIZE: But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves. James 1:22
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 BIBLE READING JAMES 1:21-25
21. Wherefore lay apart all filthiness and superfluity of naughtiness, and receive with meekness the engrafted word, which is able to save your souls.
22. But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.
23. For if any be a hearer of the word, and not a doer, he is like unto a man beholding his natural face in a glass:
24. For he beholdeth himself, and goeth his way, and straightway forgetteth what manner of man he was.
25. But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 8 October 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 MESSAGE
Bible Scholars have said that the book of James is a commentary of Jesus’ sermons on the mount. However, James goes further to state that being a Christian is more than just listening to sermons, it is acting on what one has heard. The easiest way to know that one understands an instruction is if he/she carries it out.
For instance, if your teacher asks you to stand, and you remain on your seat after some seconds, one could assume that you didn’t understand the teachers instruction. This is also applicable to the gospel; you cannot read the word of God that says don’t curse, lie or swear, yet do those things.
The whole essence of listening to a sound and godly message or reading the Bible is to act on it. Don’t be comfortable being just a Christian; do the word, live the word. When the word corrects you, accept it.
Don’t see Christianity as a religion, let it be your way of life. Allow the word to penetrate into your being because it will transform you into the perfect image and likeness of God as ordained by Him.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 KEY POINT
Christianity is more than a religion, it is a way of life.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 HYMN
STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
the trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
against unnumbered foes;
let courage rise with danger,
and strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
where duty calls, or danger,
be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The strife will not be long;
this day the noise of battle,
the next the victor’s song:
to him that overcometh
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
shall reign eternally.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PHILIPPIANS 4:1-23 , ISAIAH 39-40