OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 MONDAY: HANDLING OFFENCES
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 MEMORIZE: And herein do I exercise myself, to have always a conscience void to offence toward God, and toward men. Acts 24:16
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING PHILIPPIANS 4:6-8
6. Be careful for nothing; but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
7. And the peace of God, which passeth all understanding, shall keep your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8. Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 8 August 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 MESSAGE
As long as one is still breathing, offences are bound to occur between him/her and others, but the Bible doesn’t encourage keeping records of these. The only record you are allowed to keep is like the one in Esther 6:1, which documented the good deed of Mordecai and made the King promote him.
As a child of God, you need to keep records of all good deeds done to you by people because this will help you think the best concerning them, especially when they do wrong.
Our Bible reading encourages that the thoughts and records you should keep about other people should be true, honest, just, pure, lovely, of good report, virtuous and praise-worthy.
If someone offends you and different reasons to be bitter come to your mind, wait and ask yourself: “Has this person ever done any good thing to me or anyone around me before?” If the answer is ‘Yes’, then dwell on the good thoughts more, but if the answer is No, then just start worshipping God and ask for the grace to let go of the offence.
Gradually, you will begin to feel better and also forgive the offender. Your heart is so delicate that you need only good thoughts to preserve it. It was not designed to think evil (Proverbs 4:23).
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 KEY POINT
Has anyone offended you? Tell the fellow and forgive him/her.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 HYMN
O WORSHIP THE KING
1. O worship the King all glorious above,
O gratefully sing His power and His love:
our Shield and Defender, the
Ancient of Days,
pavilioned in splendour and girded
2. O tell of His might, O sing of His grace,
whose robe is the light, whose
His chariots of wrath the deep
and dark is His path on the wings of
3. Thy bountiful care, what tongue can
It breathes in the air, it shines in the
It streams from the hills, it descends
to the plain,
and sweetly distils in the dew and
4. Frail children of dust, and feeble as
in Thee do we trust, nor find Thee to
Your mercies, how tender, how firm
to the end,
our Maker, Defender, Redeemer,
5. O measureless Might, ineffable Love,
While angels delight to hymn Thee above!
The humbler creation, though
feeble their lays,
with true adoration shall lisp to Thy praise!
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 8 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ROMANS 8:19-39, PSALMS 82-84
Lord give me the grace to be able to forget anything anyone has done too me in Jesus Name. Amen.
a life saving word by our father in the Lord