OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 SUNDAY: HELPER OF THE HELPLESS
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 MEMORIZE: Thou hast seen it; for thou beholdest mischief and spite, to requite it with thy hand: the poor committeth himself unto thee; thou art the helper of the fatherless. Psalms 10:14
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 BIBLE READING 2 CHRONICLES 20:1-19
1. It came to pass after this also, that the children of Moab, and the children of Ammon, and with them other beside the Ammonites, came against Jehoshaphat to battle.
2. Then there came some that told Jehoshaphat, saying, There cometh a great multitude against thee from beyond the sea on this side Syria; and, behold, they be in Hazazontamar, which is Engedi.
3. And Jehoshaphat feared, and set himself to seek the LORD, and proclaimed a fast throughout all Judah.
4. And Judah gathered themselves together, to ask help of the LORD: even out of all the cities of Judah they came to seek the LORD.
5. And Jehoshaphat stood in the congregation of Judah and Jerusalem, in the house of the LORD, before the new court,
6. And said, O LORD God of our fathers, art not thou God in heaven? and rulest not thou over all the kingdoms of the heathen? and in thine hand is there not power and might, so that none is able to withstand thee?
7. Art not thou our God, who didst drive out the inhabitants of this land before thy people Israel, and gavest it to the seed of Abraham thy friend for ever?
8. And they dwelt therein, and have built thee a sanctuary therein for thy name, saying,
9. If, when evil cometh upon us, as the sword, judgment, or pestilence, or famine, we stand before this house, and in thy presence, (for thy name is in this house,) and cry unto thee in our affliction, then thou wilt hear and help.
10. And now, behold, the children of Ammon and Moab and mount Seir, whom thou wouldest not let Israel invade, when they came out of the land of Egypt, but they turned from them, and destroyed them not;
11. Behold, I say, how they reward us, to come to cast us out of thy possession, which thou hast given us to inherit.
12. O our God, wilt thou not judge them? for we have no might against this great company that cometh against us; neither know we what to do: but our eyes are upon thee.
13. And all Judah stood before the LORD, with their little ones, their wives, and their children.
14. Then upon Jahaziel the son of Zechariah, the son of Benaiah, the son of Jeiel, the son of Mattaniah, a Levite of the sons of Asaph, came the Spirit of the LORD in the midst of the congregation;
15. And he said, Hearken ye, all Judah, and ye inhabitants of Jerusalem, and thou king Jehoshaphat, Thus saith the LORD unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God’s.
16. To morrow go ye down against them: behold, they come up by the cliff of Ziz; and ye shall find them at the end of the brook, before the wilderness of Jeruel.
17. Ye shall not need to fight in this battle: set yourselves, stand ye still, and see the salvation of the LORD with you, O Judah and Jerusalem: fear not, nor be dismayed; to morrow go out against them: for the LORD will be with you.
18. And Jehoshaphat bowed his head with his face to the ground: and all Judah and the inhabitants of Jerusalem fell before the LORD, worshipping the LORD.
19. And the Levites, of the children of the Kohathites, and of the children of the Korhites, stood up to praise the LORD God of Israel with a loud voice on high.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 4 September 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 MESSAGE
Our God is the Helper of the helpless. In our Bible reading for today, King Jehoshaphat was besieged by the kings of three great nations: Ammon, Moab and Mount Seir. He became afraid because even if he mapped out a war strategy, he lacked the manpower to win such a war, so he turned to God. If you read the passage further, you would see how God rescued him and his people without them lifting a finger. God helped him.
Do you know that one can have money, connections and power, yet be in a helpless situation? There is an interesting story in Mark 5:22-42: Jairus – a centurion had power and authority but he was in a helpless situation when his only daughter fell ill and died shortly after. He cried to Jesus, the Helper of the helpless and his daughter was brought back to life.
Are you in a helpless situation? Cry out to the Helper of the helpless today. He has never failed me before, He will not fail you.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 PRAYER POINT
Father, you are the Helper of the helpless, please help me (mention the areas in which you need help).
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 HYMN
I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
1. I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Ev’ry hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Saviour,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour,
Stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour,
Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil.
5. I need Thee every hour,
Most Holy one;
Oh, make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son!
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 4 SEPTEMBER 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 1 CORINTHIANS 14:1-40, PROVERBS 5-6