OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 31 MAY 2020 SUNDAY: JUDGING OTHERS
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 31 MAY 2020 MEMORIZE: For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. James 2:13
BIBLE READING 2 SAMUEL 12:1-10
1. And the Lord sent Nathan unto David. And he came unto him, and said unto him, There were two men in one city; the one rich, and the other poor.
2. The rich man had exceeding many flocks and herds:
3. But the poor man had nothing, save one little ewe lamb, which he had bought and nourished up: and it grew up together with him, and with his children; it did eat of his own meat, and drank of his own cup, and lay in his bosom, and was unto him as a daughter.
4. And there came a traveller unto the rich man, and he spared to take of his own flock and of his own herd, to dress for the wayfaring man that was come unto him; but took the poor man’s lamb, and dressed it for the man that was come to him.
5. And David’s anger was greatly kindled against the man; and he said to Nathan, As the Lord liveth, the man that hath done this thing shall surely die:
6. And he shall restore the lamb fourfold, because he did this thing, and because he had no pity.
7. And Nathan said to David, Thou art the man. Thus saith the Lord God of Israel, I anointed thee king over Israel, and I delivered thee out of the hand of Saul;
8. And I gave thee thy master’s house, and thy master’s wives into thy bosom, and gave thee the house of Israel and of Judah; and if that had been too little, I would moreover have given unto thee such and such things.
9. Wherefore hast thou despised the commandment of the Lord, to do evil in his sight? thou hast killed Uriah the Hittite with the sword, and hast taken his wife to be thy wife, and hast slain him with the sword of the children of Ammon.
10. Now therefore the sword shall never depart from thine house; because thou hast despised me, and hast taken the wife of Uriah the Hittite to be thy wife.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 31 MAY 2020 MESSAGE
One thing we do periodically is judging ourselves and others. While we are usually mild on ourselves and make excuses for our actions, we are hard on others and make no room for them.
The fact is that because of the human nature, it is easier to see the errors and faults of others more clearly than we see ours.
A minister once boasted that he does not buy or read books written by his General Overseer because of the typographical errors in them.
While it is not advisable to settle for error-prone publications, refusing to access the treasures in such publications isn’t a wise decision. Not to mention the fact that he is not above errors himself.
God is interested in your very yardstick for judging others because that is what He will also use for you (Matthew 7:2 ). If you never give others a second chance, you may not get another chance yourself.
Indirectly, the way you judge others sets the tone of your judgment. This means at the end of the day, you are the indirect judge of your case.
In today’s reading, when Prophet Nathan relayed the case to David, the latter was quick to pass his judgement on the offender.
If only he knew that he was passing judgment on himself, he would have been more careful and merciful. Always remember to be merciful.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 31 MAY 2020 PRAYER POINT
When you point an accusing finger at someone, remember that three other fingers are pointing at you.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 31 MAY 2020 HYMN
IS YOUR LIFE A CHANNEL OF BLESSING?
1. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is the love of God
flowing through you?
Are you telling the lost of the Saviour?
Are you ready His service to do?
Make me a channel of blessing today,
Make me a channel of blessing, I pray;
My life possessing, my service blessing,
Make me a channel of blessing today.
2. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Are you burdened for
those that are lost?
Have you urged upon
those who are straying,
The Saviour who died on the cross?
3. Is your life a channel of blessing?
Is it daily telling for Him?
Have you spoken the word of salvation
To those who are dying in sin?
4. We cannot be channels of blessing
If our lives are not free from all sins;
We will barriers be and a hindrance
To those we are trying to win.
BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 2 CHRONICLES 1:1-17 , 2 CHRONICLES 2:1-18 , 2 CHRONICLES 3:1-17, JOHN 12:1-50