OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 29 AUGUST 2021 SUNDAY: JOSHUA
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS AUGUST 2021 MEMORIZE: And if it seems evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD. Joshua 24:15
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 29 AUGUST 2021 BIBLE READING JOSHUA 1:1-9
1. Now after the death of Moses the servant of the LORD it came to pass, that the LORD spake unto Joshua the son of Nun, Moses’ minister, saying,
2. Moses my servant is dead; now therefore arise, go over this Jordan, thou, and all these people, unto the land which I do give to them, even to the children of Israel.
3. Every place that the sole of your foot shall tread upon, that have I given unto you, as I said unto Moses.
4. From the wilderness and this Lebanon even unto the great river, the river Euphrates, all the land of the Hittites, and unto the great sea toward the going down of the sun, shall be your coast.
5. There shall not any man be able to stand before thee all the days of thy life: as I was with Moses, so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.
6. Be strong and of good courage: for unto this people shalt thou divide for an inheritance the land, which I sware unto their fathers to give them.
7. Only be thou strong and very courageous, that thou mayest observe to do according to all the law, which Moses my servant commanded thee: turn not from it to the right hand or to the left, that thou mayest prosper whithersoever thou goest.
8. This book of the law shall not depart out of thy mouth; but thou shalt meditate therein day and night, that thou mayest observe to do according to all that is written therein: for then thou shalt make thy way prosperous, and then thou shalt have good success.
9. Have not I commanded thee? Be strong and of good courage; be not afraid, neither be thou dismayed: for the LORD thy God is with thee whithersoever thou goest.
READ >> OPEN HEAVEN 29 AUGUST 2021
READ >> OPEN HEAVEN 1 SEPTEMBER 2021
READ >> OPEN HEAVEN 2 SEPTEMBER 2021
READ >> OPEN HEAVEN 3 SEPTEMBER 2021
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 29 AUGUST 2021 MESSAGE
Joshua remains one of the greatest leaders in the Bible, but he didn’t become a leader overnight; he was a good follower.
There was a time God told Moses to send out people to spy on Canaan, the Promised Land and he obeyed. Joshua was one of the twelve spies.
On their return, ten of them gave a bad report about the land, but Joshua and Caleb gave a good report and also encouraged the people that they could take over the land (Numbers 13:1-33 &14).
It was, therefore, no surprise that Joshua took over from Moses as the leader of the Israelites and successfully led them to the Promised Land. One good thing you should learn from Joshua is courage.
Never be discouraged in life. Do not let anything whether a task, subject or course make you think less of yourself.
Always tell yourself that you can; for with God, nothing shall be impossible (Luke 1:37).
Another lesson to learn from Joshua is that he was zealous for God to the extent that he told the Israelites to follow the only true God who brought them out of bondage and if they wouldn’t, he would with his family.
How zealous are you for God?, If you are yet to join the workforce in the local church, do so and never turn back.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 29 AUGUST 2021 KEY POINT
Serve the Lord with all your might!.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 29 AUGUST 2021 HYMN
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His goodwill,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 29 AUGUST 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: PSALMS 139:1-24, PSALMS 140:1-13, PSALMS 141:1-10, 1 CORINTHIANS 10:1-33