OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 THURSDAY: THE PARABLE OF THE SOWER: THE STONY GROUND
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 MEMORIZE: Rooted and built up in him, and stablished in the faith, as ye have been taught, abounding therein with thanksgiving. Colossians 2:7
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING MATTHEW 13:5-6
5. Some fell upon stony places, where they had not much earth: and forthwith they sprung up, because they had no deepness of earth:
6. And when the sun was up, they were scorched; and because they had no root, they withered away.
20. But he that received the seed into stony places, the same is he that heareth the word, and anon with joy receiveth it;
21. Yet hath he not root in himself, but dureth for a while: for when tribulation or persecution ariseth because of the word, by and by he is offended.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 25 August 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 MESSAGE
The second category of hearers in the parable of the sower is the stony-hearted. Those in this category truly hear the word of God but it does not transform their lives in any way because they are superficial Christians who can be easily swayed by any wind of doctrine.
Also, they are babies who turn back from following God when faced with a little discomfort and are quick to deny their faith when persecuted. The word therefore withers in their heart easily; sometimes, it dies completely because their heart is not a fertile ground.
The stony-hearted Christian does not bear any fruit. He/she can be in the Church for many years and remain a member, never growing in faith or becoming a worker in Gods vineyard. In fact, at any slight push, he/she would leave the Church.
They also never win souls. They are not even sure of what they believe in, so they remain stagnant in the faith. If you belong to this category, God is ready to make you rooted in Him if only you are willing.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 PRAYER POINT
Father, I refuse to be stagnant; please make me grow in the knowledge of You.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 HYMN
STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
the trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
against unnumbered foes;
let courage rise with danger,
and strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
where duty calls, or danger,
be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The strife will not be long;
this day the noise of battle,
the next the victor’s song:
to him that overcometh
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
shall reign eternally.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 25 AUGUST 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 1 CORINTHIANS 7:1-40, PSALMS 124-127