OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 MONDAY: SUCCESS TIPS
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 MEMORIZE: Before the mountains were brought forth, or ever thou hadst formed the earth and the world, even from everlasting to everlasting, thou art God. Psalms 90:2
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 BIBLE READING 2 KINGS 6:8-14
8. Then the king of Syria warred against Israel, and took counsel with his servants, saying, In such and such a place shall be my camp.
9. And the man of God sent unto the king of Israel, saying, Beware that thou pass not such a place; or thither the Syrians are come down.
10. And the king of Israel sent to the place which the man of God told him and warned him of, and saved himself there, not once nortwice.
11. Therefore the heart of the king of Syria was sore troubled for this thing; and he called his servants, and said unto them, Will ye not show me which of us is for the king oflsrael?
12. And one of his servants said, None, my lord, O king: but Elisha, the prophet that is in Israel, telleth the king of Israel the words that thou speakest in thy bedchamber.
13. And he said, Go and spy where he is, that I may send and fetch him. And it was told him, saying, Behold, he is in Dothan.
14. Therefore sent he thither horses, and chariots, and a great host: and they came by night, and compassed the city about.
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 22 SEPTEMBER 2020
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 MESSAGE
When you think about the actions of the King of Syria in his attempt to capture Elisha, you will discover some useful tips in achieving a good life.
First, have an ultimate and clearly defined goal. A goal is a destination towards which all your resources and energy are directed.
If you have no goal, you can end up anywhere. This should be applicable to every area of your life.
The goal of the King of Syria was to make Israel part of his kingdom and pursued it.
My goal is to make heaven and take many along with me. I am pursuing it.
What is your goal? Another lesson is: the Syrian king realised that there was no need of going to war with Israel when he could get their king.
So, after setting your goal, you must think of a suitable way to achieve it.
From the story, we can also learn that if you find yourself failing repeatedly, you need to ask questions. You also need to seek counsel.
It might just be that you need to change your approach. Bear in mind that there is nothing you can’t achieve with God on your side.
Ensure your goals will also advance the kingdom of God then commit them into His hands.
Work hard towards achieving them and He will make you successful.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 KEY POINT
Write down your goals for the new session including strategies to achieve them.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 HYMN
I’M PRESSING ON THE UPWARD WAY
1. I’m pressing on the upward way,
New heights I’m gaining every day;
Still praying as I onward bound,
“Lord, plant my feet on higher ground”.
Lord, lift me up and let me stand,
By faith on heaven’s table-land;
Where love and joy and light abound,
Lord, plant my feet on higher ground.
2. My heart has no desire to stay,
Where doubts arise and fears dismay;
Though some may dwell where these
abound, my constant aim is higher ground.
3. Beyond the mist I fain would rise,
To rest beneath unclouded skies,
Above earth’s turmoil peace is found
By those who dwell on higher ground.
4. I long to scale the utmost height,
Though rough the way, and hard the fight,
My song while climbing shall resound
Lord lead me on to higher ground.
5. Lord lead me up the mountain side,
I dare not climb without my Guide;
And Heaven gained, I’ll gaze around,
With grateful heart from higher ground.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 21 SEPTEMBER 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 2 CORINTHIANS 12:1-21