OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 WEDNESDAY: STRUGGLING WITH THE DEVIL?
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 MEMORIZE: Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. James 4:7
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 BIBLE READING ACTS 19:13-16
13. Then certain of the vagabond Jews, exorcists, took upon them to call over them which had evil spirits the name of the LORD Jesus, saying, We adjure you by Jesus whom Paul preacheth.
14. And there were seven sons of one Sceva, a Jew, and chief of the priests, which did so.
15. And the evil spirit answered and said, Jesus I know, and Paul I know; but who are ye?
16. And the man in whom the evil spirit was leaped on them, and overcame them, and prevailed against them, so that they fled out of that house naked and wounded.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 18 May 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 MESSAGE
Have you tried resisting the devil several times in the face of temptation but it feels like you keep losing and falling into sin? Do you feel like it is impossible to resist the devil despite all that the Bible says? If you find that you have tried resisting without success, then it means you are not doing something right.
The word of God cannot lie; James 4:7 says if you resist the devil, he has to flee! However, the devil will only flee provided you have fulfilled the major condition of submitting to God.
If you resist the devil and he doesn’t flee then it could be that you haven’t submitted fully to God. If you are living in sin in some area of your life, you cannot resist your master (1 John 3:8).
Like the Sons of Sceva in todays Bible reading, if you are not directly connected to God, Satan and his agents will fight you.
If you’re living in sin, its time to rededicate your life to God, submit totally to Him and ask that the Holy Spirit will empower you to resist the devil constantly.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 PRAYER POINT
Father I receive grace to submit to You and power to resist the enemy.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 HYMN
STAND UP, STAND UP FOR JESUS
1. Stand up! stand up for Jesus
Ye soldiers of the cross!
Lift high His royal banner;
It must not suffer loss.
From vict’ry unto vict’ry
His army shall He lead,
Till every foe is vanquished,
And Christ is Lord indeed.
2. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
the trumpet call obey;
Forth to the mighty conflict,
In this His glorious day;
Ye that are men now serve Him
against unnumbered foes;
let courage rise with danger,
and strength to strength oppose.
3. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
stand in his strength alone;
The arm of flesh will fail you,
Ye dare not trust your own:
put on the gospel armour,
And watching unto prayer;
where duty calls, or danger,
be never wanting there.
4. Stand up! stand up for Jesus,
The strife will not be long;
this day the noise of battle,
the next the victor’s song:
to him that overcometh
A crown of life shall be;
He with the King of glory
shall reign eternally.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 MAY 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JOHN 6:45-71, 2 KINGS 20-22
Thank You Father for Your word