OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 SATURDAY: COVETOUSNESS IS DEADLY
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 MEMORIZE: But godliness with contentment is great gain. 1 Timothy 6:6
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 BIBLE READING 1 KINGS 21:2-7
2. And Ahab spake unto Naboth, saying, Give me thy vineyard, that I may have it for a garden of herbs, because it is near unto my house: and I will give thee for it a better vineyard than it; or, if it seem good to thee, I will give thee the worth of it in money.
3. And Naboth said to Ahab, The LORD forbid it me, that I should give the inheritance of my fathers unto thee.
4. And Ahab came into his house heavy and displeased because of the word which Naboth the Jezreelite had spoken to him: for he had said, I will not give thee the inheritance of my fathers. And he laid him down upon his bed, and turned away his face, and would eat no bread.
5. But Jezebel his wife came to him, and said unto him, Why is thy spirit so sad, that thou eatest no bread?
6. And he said unto her, Because I spake unto Naboth the Jezreelite, and said unto him, Give me thy vineyard for money; or else, if it please thee, I will give thee another vineyard for it: and he answered, I will not give thee my vineyard.
7. And Jezebel his wife said unto him, Dost thou now govern the kingdom of Israel? arise, and eat bread, and let thine heart be merry: I will give thee the vineyard of Naboth the Jezreelite.
Adults Version: Open Heaven 18 June 2022
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 MESSAGE
Covetousness is having a strong desire for things that belong to other people, such as property, position, title et cetera. It spreads slowly without even being noticed. If not dealt with, it is capable of destroying both the covetous and the person whose belonging is being desired.
The Bible is filled with examples of how several people were mercilessly oppressed because of covetousness. One of such instances is found in our Bible reading today. A king coveted one of his subjects farmland to the point of killing him so that he could get possession of the land.
Ordinarily, he could afford to buy any parcel of land or get servants to cultivate many hectares of land to his taste, but he allowed covetousness to take over him. Thereafter, his wife planned the evil that later became Naboth’s fate.
God wants all His children to be satisfied with what they have while they hope and believe in Him for the best. Don’t be covetous of what others have and if you’re already nursing a desire for someone elses possession, kindly make a U-turn and ask God for mercy.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 PRAYER POINT
Father, please take away the spirit of covetousness and replace it with the spirit of contentment in my heart, in Jesus name.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 HYMN
I NEED THEE EVERY HOUR
1. I need Thee every hour,
Most gracious Lord;
No tender voice like Thine
Can peace afford.
I need Thee, oh, I need Thee;
Ev’ry hour I need Thee;
Oh, bless me now, my Saviour,
I come to Thee.
2. I need Thee every hour,
Stay Thou nearby;
Temptations lose their power
When Thou art nigh.
3. I need Thee every hour,
In joy or pain;
Come quickly and abide,
Or life is vain.
4. I need Thee every hour,
Teach me Thy will;
And Thy rich promises
In me fulfil.
5. I need Thee every hour,
Most Holy one;
Oh, make me Thine indeed,
Thou blessed Son!
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 18 JUNE 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: ACTS 3:1-26, NEHEMIAH 7-9