OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 15 MAY 2020 FRIDAY: MEMORIZE SCRIPTURES
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 15 MAY 2020 MEMORIZE: Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee. Psalms 119:11
BIBLE READING PSALMS 119:10-18
10. With my whole heart have I sought thee: O let me not wander from thy commandments.
11. Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.
12. Blessed art thou, O Lord: teach me thy statutes.
13. With my lips have I declared all the judgments of thy mouth.
14. I have rejoiced in the way of thy testimonies, as much as in all riches.
15. I will meditate in thy precepts, and have respect unto thy ways.
16. I will delight myself in thy statutes: I will not forget thy word.
17. Deal bountifully with thy servant, that I may live, and keep thy word.
18. Open thou mine eyes, that I may behold wondrous things out of thy law.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 15 MAY 2020 MESSAGE
TODAY’S OPEN HEAVENS: OPEN HEAVENS 15 MAY 2020 FRIDAY
Many of you teenagers can sing all the
lyrics of the latest songs off hand.
You can complete the sentences of your favourite actor in that blockbuster movie, but when it comes to scriptures, you can hardly recite a verse correctly.
This is wrong. It shows what you commit your time and thoughts to it, it’s good to memorise scriptures because the scriptures contain life.
You may say you have tried but you just couldnt remember.
Truth be told, you know the lyrics of those songs and the movie lines because you like them.
You cannot memorise scriptures if you dont
You must have the mind-set of David as seen in our Bible reading for today.
I want you to go back to the Bible reading so
that you can see the kind of connection and
love that David had for the word of God and
then begin to imbibe the same.
When you love the word of God more than those songs and movies, it will be easy to memorise.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 15 MAY 2020 PRAYER POINT
How much do you love the word of God?
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 15 MAY 2020 HYMN
WHEN WE WALK WITH THE LORD
1. When we walk with the Lord
In the light of His Word,
What a glory He sheds on our way,
While we do His good will,
He abides with us still,
And with all who will trust and obey.
Trust and obey,
For there’s no other way
To be happy in Jesus,
But to trust and obey.
2. Not a shadow can rise,
Not a cloud in the skies,
But His smile quickly drives it away,
Not a doubt or a fear,
Not a sigh or a tear,
Can abide while we trust and obey.
3. Not a burden we bear,
Not a sorrow we share,
But our toil He doth richly repay,
Not a grief nor a loss,
Not a frown nor a cross,
But is blest if we trust and obey.
4. But we never can prove
The delights of His love,
Until all on the altar we lay,
For the favour He shows,
And the joy He bestows,
Are for them who will trust and obey.
5. Then in fellowship sweet
We will sit at His feet,
Or we’ll walk by His side in the way,
What He says we will do,
Where He sends, we will go,
Never fear, only trust and obey.
OPEN HEAVEN FOR TEENS 15 MAY 2020 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR:2 KINGS 12:1-21 , 2 KINGS 13:1-25 , 2 KINGS
14:1-29 , JOHN 5:25-47