OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 SUNDAY: MAKE THE RIGHT CHOICES II
OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 MEMORIZE: The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow. 2 Kings 5:27
OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 BIBLE READING 2 KINGS 5:20-27
20. But Gehazi, the servant of Elisha the man of God, said, Behold, my master hath spared Naaman this Syrian, in not receiving at his hands that which he brought: but, as the LORD liveth, I will run after him, and take somewhat of him.
21. So Gehazi followed after Naaman. And when Naaman saw him running after him, he lighted down from the chariot to meet him, and said, Is all well?
22. And he said, All is well. My master hath sent me, saying, Behold, even now there be come to me from mount Ephraim two young men of the sons of the prophets: give them, I pray thee, a talent of silver, and two changes of garments.
23. And Naaman said, Be content, take two talents. And he urged him, and bound two talents of silver in two bags, with two changes of garments, and laid them upon two of his servants; and they bare them before him.
24. And when he came to the tower, he took them from their hand, and bestowed them in the house: and he let the men go, and they departed.
25. But he went in, and stood before his master. And Elisha said unto him, Whence comest thou, Gehazi? And he said, Thy servant went no whither.
26. And he said unto him, Went not mine heart with thee, when the man turned again from his chariot to meet thee? Is it a time to receive money, and to receive garments, and oliveyards, and vineyards, and sheep, and oxen, and menservants, and maidservants?
27. The leprosy therefore of Naaman shall cleave unto thee, and unto thy seed for ever. And he went out from his presence a leper as white as snow.
Happy Sunday Beloved. Welcome to Open Heavens devotional. Thank you for joining us today.
Today we continue looking into Making the right choices.
Decisions make or mar us. And sometimes, the consequences are for life. Do you know that your decisions affect the people in your life and theirs affect you as well?
Find out more in the message below.
Don’t keep the word to yourself. Share this blessing with other believers by saving this website (rccgonline.org) and sharing the link by using the share button below. And don’t forget to go through the prayers and declarations of the day.
Today’s Powerful Confession: I confess today I am established in God’s will for my life. I listen for his voice and I heed to His leading. I do not stumble or make mistakes through life. I am empowered to live divinely in Jesus name. Amen Hallelujah!
Powerful Declarations: Powerful Declarations For Today 8 May 2022
Today’s Prayer Points: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 8 May 2022
Teens Devotional: Open Heavens For Teens 8 May 2022
Yesterday’s devotional: Open Heaven 7 May 2022
Tomorrow’s devotional: Open Heaven 9 May 2022
Kindly Join: Rccg Sunday School Teachers’ Manual 8 May 2022
Kindly Join: Rccg Sunday School Students’ Manual 8 May 2022
Kindly Join: Rccg Yaya Sunday School Teachers’ Manual 8 May 2022
Kindly Join: Rccg Yaya Sunday School Students’ Manual 8 May 2022
Kindly Join: Rccg House Fellowship Leader’s Manual 8 May 2022
OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 MESSAGE
It is important to make the right choices in life, especially because ones children could also be affected by them. When the army that invaded Sodom took Lot into captivity in Genesis 14:8-12, they didn’t leave his children at home.
The children were taken into captivity because their father made the choice to stay in Sodom. Kora, Dathan and Abiram decided to oppose Moses and they died with all their family members (Numbers 16:28-33).
Gehazi decided to follow Naaman to get some gifts, even though he knew his master would not approve. When Elisha cursed Gehazi with leprosy, he said it would be on him and his seed forever (2 Kings 5:27).
In Daniel 6, when some people decided to plot against Daniel so that he could die in the lions den, their children were not called to the meeting; however, when Daniel came out of the den alive and the king summoned those who plotted so that he could throw them in the lions den, he asked that their wives and children suffer the same consequences.
It may interest you to know that the choices of your relatives and close friends also have an impact on you. Thus, when a relative is making wrong choices, warn him or her because when trouble comes, the fellow wouldn’t be the only one to suffer.
This is particularly true of your children. If your child is going the wrong way, warn the child and do everything in your power to ensure that he or she returns to the godly path.
Proverbs 29:15 says: “The rod and reproof give wisdom: but a child left to himself bringeth his mother to shame.”
Even if a person does not suffer anything as a direct result of not correcting his or her child, such a person would still experience shame and this is a terrible thing.
The elders say that one can get embarrassed once, but shame lasts forever. You don’t want to live in shame forever just because you did not warn your child when he or she started going wrong.
You therefore need to be very particular about the choices your children make. Don’t just leave them to themselves – guide them, while depending on the Holy Spirit to help you know which way is best for the child.
OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 PRAYER POINT: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 8 May 2022
Father, help me to guide my children to always make godly choices in life, in Jesus name.
Thank you for reading today’s devotional Beloved.
Make the decision to be a contributor to the advancement of God’s Kingdom in one way or another. Live your life daily mindful of the purposes and plan of God.
Kindly purchase your own hard copy version of the Open Heavens devotional. You can buy it for your friends too as a potent evangelism tool.
God bless you, as you sow, into the book ministry of Pastor E.A. Adeboye in Jesus’ name.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Kindly share with someone on Facebook, WhatsApp, Instagram, and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 HYMN
O GOD, OUR HELP IN AGES PAST
1 O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
our shelter from the stormy blast,
and our eternal home:
2 Under the shadow of your throne
your saints have dwelt secure;
sufficient is your arm alone,
and our defense is sure.
3 Before the hills in order stood,
or earth received its frame,
from everlasting you are God,
to endless years the same.
4 A thousand ages in your sight
are like an evening gone,
short as the watch that ends the night
before the rising sun.
5 Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
soon bears us all away;
we fly forgotten, as a dream
dies at the op’ning day.
6 O God, our help in ages past,
our hope for years to come,
still be our guard while troubles last,
and our eternal home!
OPEN HEAVEN 8 MAY 2022 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: 2 CHRONICLES 12:1-16, 2 CHRONICLES 13:1-22, 2 CHRONICLES 14:1-15, 2 CHRONICLES 15:1-19