OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 MONDAY: WONDERS OF DIVINE VICTORY
OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 MEMORIZE: Some trust in chariots, and some in horses: but we wiIl remember the name of the LORD our God. Psalms 20:7
OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 BIBLE READING 1 SAMUEL 17:44-50
44. And the Philistine said to David, Come to me, and I will give thy flesh unto the fowls of the air, and to the beasts of the field.
45. Then said David to the Philistine, Thou comest to me with a sword, and with a spear, and with a shield: but I come to thee in the name of the LORD of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
46. This day will the LORD deliver thee into mine hand; and I will smite thee, and take thine head from thee; and I will give the carcasses of the host of the Philistines this day unto the fowls of the air, and to the wild beasts of the earth; that all the earth may know that there is a God in Israel.
47. And all this assembly shall know that the LORD saveth not with sword and spear: for the battle is the LORD’s, and he will give you into our hands.
48. And it came to pass, when the Philistine arose, and came, and drew nigh to meet David, that David hastened, and ran toward the army to meet the Philistine.
49. And David put his hand in his bag, and took thence a stone, and slang it, and smote the Philistine in his forehead, that the stone sunk into his forehead; and he fell upon his face to the earth.
50. So David prevailed over the Philistine with a sling and with a stone, and smote the Philistine, and slew him; but there was no sword in the hand of David.
GOOD MORNING BELOVED,
PERSONAL DAILY CONFESSION: I confess today, My life transcends the healing power of God to all situations around me. I am a carrier of God’s glory, virtues and grace. My destiny is directed by the king of kings not the kings of the world. I am a blessings in every aspect because Jehovah Jireh is at work in me. Hallelujah!
CLICK THE LINKS BELOW TO JOIN US IN PRAYERS, SHARE THIS MESSAGE WITH WITH FAMILY AND FRIENDS. GOD BLESS YOU!
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 24 MAY 2021
READ >> OPEN HEAVENS 2 JUNE 2021
OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 MESSAGE
It is almost impossible to explain the wonders of divine victory because the word wonder, on its own, is hard to describe and anything divine is beyond human explanation.
This is why any victory with this combination is wonderful, to say the least.
King Jehoshaphat enjoyed this kind of victory in 2 Chronicles 20. It was a wonder because it was divinely arranged.
Rather than organising bows, arrows, shields, spears and other war ammunition, the king simply organised an orchestra to sing praises to the Lord. 2 Chronicles 20:24
“And when Judah came toward the watch tower in the wilderness, they looked unto the multitude, and, behold, they were dead bodies fallen to the earth, and none escaped.”
We find another example of wonders of divine victory in the Bible reading for today.
How else would you describe a small boy killing a giant, other than as wondrous?.
When the Almighty fights on the side of an individual, apart from the fact that victory is certain, the manner in which the victory is won would surprise many.
When Goliath saw David, 1 Samuel 17:42, 44 says he disdained him and cursed David by his gods.
However, David said to Goliath in 1 Samuel 17:45 that he was coming to him …in the name of the Lord of hosts, the God of the armies of Israel, whom thou hast defied.
If you look carefully, you would see some elements of spiritual power play in this story.
Goliath cursed David by his gods, however, David knew that the warfare would not be won by mere physical prowess, so he quickly switched on his own spiritual antenna.
How the contest ended shows the wonders of divine victory.
An ordinary stone in the hands of the anointed of God fell the giant that a whole nation had dreaded for 40 days.
As a matter of fact, it was the sword of Goliath that David eventually used to severe his head from his body.
David believed his God and he was not disappointed.
The Lord fought on Davids side and the battle was won.
Believe God and you shall be established (#2Chronicles 20:20)
OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 KEY POINT
Father, please fight my battles for me. Help me pore not to become a victim of the battles of life.
FROM THE TEAM: Thank you for reading today’s Open Heaven 24 May 2021, written by Pastor E. A. Adeboye. Please, share with someone on Facebook, Whatsapp, Instagram and other social media platforms using the social buttons at the beginning or scroll to the end of this post. Have a good day! #RemainRapturable
PREVIOUS DAY >> OPEN HEAVENS 23 MAY 2021
OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 HYMN
HYMN 4 – CONQUERORS AND OVERCOMERS NOW ARE WE
1. Conquerors and overcomers now are we,
Thro’ the precious blood of Christ we’ve victory
If the Lord be for us, we can never fail,
Nothing ‘gainst His mighty pow’r can e’er prevail.
Conquerors are we, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood,
God will give us victory, thro’ the blood, thro’ the blood
Thro’ the Lamb for sinners slain,
Yet who lives and reigns again,
More than conquerors are we,
More than conquerors are we.
2. In the name of Israel’s God we’ll onward press,
Overcoming sin and all unrighteousness;
Not to us, but unto Him the praise shall be,
For salvation and for blood-bought victory.
3. Unto him that overcometh shall be giv’n,
Here to eat of hidden manna sent from heav’n,
Over yonder he the victor’s palm shall bear,
And a robe of white, and golden crown shall wear.
OPEN HEAVEN 24 MAY 2021 BIBLE READING IN ONE YEAR: JUDGES 16:1-31, JUDGES 17:1-13