RCCG YAYA SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL 4 SEPTEMBER 2022
LESSON ONE (01)
TOPIC: WHO IS ELOHIYM?
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessings
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Today’s devotional: Open Heaven 4 September 2022
Powerful Declarations: Powerful Declarations For Today 4 September 2022
Today’s Prayer Points: Prayer Points For Open Heavens 4 September 2022
Teens Devotional: Open Heavens For Teens 4 August 2022
MEMORY VERSE: “In the beginning God created the Heaven and the earth”. Genesis 1:1
BIBLE PASSAGE: Genesis 1:1-5
1. In the beginning God created the heaven and the earth.
2. And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
3. And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.
4. And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.
5. And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.
INTRODUCTION: Some people, called atheists, do not believe in or intentionally deny the existence of God. The Bible calls them ‘fools’ (Ps. 41:1). Others believe in the existence of many gods and consult with them based on peculiar needs; they are called polytheists. The Bible unequivocally teaches that there is only one God (Elohiym or Elohim) who created all things, sustains all things, and transcends all things. This is what we believe as Christians. It is worth noting that we do not worship or serve the same God with the people of other religions who also believe that there is only one ‘God.’ Who then is our God and what make him unique?
1. OUR GOD IS THE UNCREATED CREATOR
2. OUR GOD IS UNIQUE
1. OUR GOD IS THE UNCREATED CREATOR
As revealed to us by the Bible, we believe that they is only one God who created the Heaven and the Earth (Gen. 1:1). Our God is the creator of both visible and invisible creatures (Col. 1:16). Our God created all living things (humans, animals, and plants) and non-living things (sun, moon, rivers, stars, mountains, etc.)- Psalm 8:3; 86:9-10; John. 1:1-3. Our God is the uncreated creator (Col. 1:17; Ps. 90:2). In our God, every creature receives life (Jn. 5:26; Gen. 2:7). Also, our God created and controls times and seasons (Gen. 1:14; Daniel 2:21a).
2. OUR GOD IS UNIQUE.
The uniqueness of our God is evident in many of his attributes. Our God is the Supreme being and ruler of all that is (Ps.103:19; 115:3). He is the self existent One (Isa. 45:5-6). Our God is perfect (Ps. 18:30) in holiness (Lev. 11:44; Ex. 15:11), power (Ps. 62:11), goodness (Ex. 34:6) and, wisdom (Rom. 11:33), etc. Our God is everywhere -Omnipresent (Jer. 23:24), All-powerful -Omnipotent (Rev. 19:6) and, All-knowing -Omniscient (1Jn. 3:20). Our God is spirit (Jn 4:24; 2Cor. 3:17). Our God is all light (1Jn 1:5) and glory (Ps. 19:1). Our God is love (1Jn 4:8, 16) and loves us with an everlasting love (Jer. 31:3).
The sovereignty of our God is expressed in the fact that He does whatever pleases Him (1Chr. 29:11; Ps. 115:3). No one can query him (Isaiah 29:16; 45:9). Our God is eternal (Ps. 90:2; Rom. 1:20; Heb. 13:8).
CONCLUSION: Every Christian must believe and declare boldly that our God is the only God.
1. Mention three things God created.
2. Mention four attributes of God that make him unique.