RCCG TEENS TEACHER’S MANUAL SUNDAY 15TH OF SEPTEMBER 2019
TOPIC: TYPES OF GLORY
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
BIBLE TEXT: Romans 9:22-24
22 – What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:
23 – And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory,
24 – Even us, whom he hath called, not of the Jews only, but also of the Gentiles?
Romans 9.23 “And that he might make known the riches of his glory on the vessels of mercy, which he had afore prepared unto glory”.
LESSON AIM: To take them through different levels of glory.
CENTRAL TRUTH: God’s glory is rich.
The glory of God is not just a feeling, even though you can feel His presence, it is not an experience that is reserved for just a few people, as many that desire it, can experience it.
The glory of God as described in the scriptures is the magnificent beauty of His presence. It is the power of God that delivers and transforms. It is greater than any other power that exists.
We can talk about various degrees of God’s glory as follows;
1. The glory of God that is made manifest in His Son, Jesus’ Christ. John 1:14, 14:9.
2. The glory that manifest in man 2 Cor.3:18. The glory of God that will manifest in you is determined by the level of your relationship with Him.
3. The glory that is made manifest in His creation Ps.19:1, Rom. 1:20.
4. We can also see His glory in visions, trance, dreams etc Isa.6:1, John 12:4.
5. And the final in this study is “the glory ahead”. This we shall experience when we get to heaven and we shall see Him face to face..
1 John 3:2. Every believer must desire to see Him in glory and this is achieved when we remain spotless in this world and live our lives for God.
Discuss the signs that show the glory of God is on a man and the signs that show that the glory has departed.
Strive for the glory of God to be made manifest in your life. If you are not expectant, you may not see it.
The glory of God can fill a place and it can also move. It can depart from the life of a man. 1 Sam.4:21; Ex. 24:15, 40:34.
Do all that you can do for the glory of God to fill your life and do all you can to make sure it never departs.
Lord, please don’t let your glory depart from my life.
DEVOTION FOR THE WEEK
SUNDAY: Job 1:6-12 – Satan attacks Job.
MONDAY: Genesis 12:1-23 – Abraham ‘s call.
TUESDAY: Romans 13:11-14 – Put on Christ.
WEDNESDAY: Deuteronomy 26:-16-19 -A Special People of God.
THURSDAY: John 10:11-14 – Jesus the Good Shepherd
FRIDAY: Exodus 32:1-35 – The golden calf.
SATURDAY: Ephesians 2:14-18 – Christ Our Peace.