RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL TEACHER’S MANUAL 16TH JUNE 2019
TOPIC: KNOW WHO YOU BELIEVE
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.q
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
qQOr if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
OPENING PRAYER: Father, help me to know you the more on a daily basis.
BIBLE PASSAGE: Psalms 103:1-14
1. Bless the LORD, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name.
2. Bless the LORD, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits:
3. Who forgiveth all thine iniquities; who healeth all thy diseases;
4. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction;
5. who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies;
6. Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagle’s.
7. The LORD executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed.
8. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel.
9. The LORD is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy.
10. He will not always chide: neither will he keep his anger for ever.
11. He hath not dealt with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our iniquities.
12. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.
13. As far as the east is from the west, so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.
14. Like as a father pitieth his children, so the LORD pitieth them that fear him.
15. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.
MEMORY VERSE: Who is like unto thee, O Lord , among the gods? who is like thee, glorious in holiness, fearful in praises, doing wonders?Exodus 15:11
Click to give your – Seed of Faith
The fact of God’s existence is so conspicuous, both through creation and through man’s conscience, that the Bible calls the atheist a “fool” (Psalm 19:1-3).
Accordingly, the Bible never attempts to prove the existence of God; rather, it assumes His existence from the very beginning (Gen. 1:1). What the Bible does is to reveal the nature, character, and work of God. Also Read – Open Heavens 16th June 2019
TEXT REVIEW: PSALM 103:1-14
This pass sage gives vivid descriptions of God as follows:
i. God has holy name. Verse 1.
ii. God gives benefits. Verse 2.
iii. God forgives sin and heals diseases. Verse 3.
iv. God distributes loving kindness and tender mercies. Verse 4.
v. God satisfies man with good things. Verse 5.
vi. God renews youths like the eagles. Verse 5.
vii. God executes right judgements for the oppressed. Verse 6.
viii. God reveals His ways and acts to His servants. Verse 7.
ix. God is plenteous in mercy and slow to anger. Verse 9.
x. God is long-suffering (patiently waiting for us to repent). Verse 9-10.
xi. God shows pity to us as father. Verse 13.
xii. God knows our frame and composition. Verse 14.
2 LESSON OUTLINES
LESSON OUTLINE 1: WHO IS GOD?
A believer must have the right and not false or perverted knowledge about God to prevent idolatry. Psalm 97:7; Rom. 1:21-24.
Teacher should explain the following nature/personalities about God;
Also Read – Prayer Points For Open Heavens 16th June 2019
i. He is the Supreme Being.
ii. He is the Creator and Ruler.
iii. He is the self existent One.
iv. He is perfect in power, goodness and wisdom.
v. He is the Almighty God. Gen. 17:1.
vi. He is the I AM THAT I AM. Exodus 3:13-14.
vii. He is the God of ALL flesh. Jer. 32:27.
viii. He is the ALPHA and OMEGA. Rev. 22:13.
ix. God is spirit (by nature, intangible). John 4:24; 2 Cor. 3:17.
x. God is one, but exists as three persons (God the Father, God the Son, God the Holy Spirit). 1 John 5:7.
xi. God is infinite. 1 Tim 1:17.
xii. God is incomparable. 2 Sam. 7:22.
xiii. God is unchanging. Malachi 3:6.
xiv. God is omnipresent i.e. available everywhere. Psalm 139:7-12.
xv. God is omniscient i.e. he knows everything. Psalm 147:5; Isaiah 40:28.
xvi. God is omnipotent i.e. he has all powers and authorities. Rev. 19:6.
We must consider it great mercy indeed for God to reveal Himself to us as the true God. John 17:3; 1 Cor. 8:5-6.
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Students should relay their experience to any of the nature of God stated above.
LESSON OUTLINE 2:
HIS CHARACTERS AND WORKS
A. CHARACTERISTICS OF GOD
i. God is just. Acts 17:31.
ii. God is love. Eph. 2:4-5.
iii. God is truth. John 14:6.
iv. God is holy. Rev. 4:8; 1 Pet. 1:15-16.
v. God is compassionate. 2 Cor. 1:3; Lam. 3:22.
vi. God is merciful. Rom. 9:15.
vii. God is gracious. Rom. 5:17; Titus 2:11-12.
viii. God is the judge (He judges sin). Psalm 5:5.
ix. God forgives sins. Psalms 130:4.
B. GOD IS REVEALED THROUGH HIS WORKS
Teacher should explain some works of God as indicated below:
i. God created the world (heaven and earth). Gen. 1:1; Isaiah 42:5.
ii. God is actively executing his eternal plan of salvation and redemption from the curse of sin and death. Eph. 1:11; Gal. 3:13-14.
iii. God by His spirit draws people to Christ. John 6:44.
iv. God disciplines His children. Heb. 12:6.
v. God will judge the world. Rev. 20 :11-15; Acts 17:31.
*CLASS ACTIVITY 2: Students should mention one work of God at least which is evident in their lives.
SUMMARY: The LORD, He is the God; The LORD, He is the God. 1 Kings 18:39b.
CONCLUSION: In Jesus “all the fullness of the deity lives in bodily form” (Col. 2:9). So, to really know who God is, all we have to do is look at Jesus.
EVALUATION: Mention some natures, characters and works of God.
CLOSING PRAYER: Father, help us to worship you as the Lord God.
ASSIGNMENT: Students should mention ten (10) works of God around them.