RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL SUNDAY 3RD NOVEMBER 2019
FORGIVING ONE ANOTHER
Good Morning Beloved,
Read – Open Heavens 3 November 2019
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and old will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: “And be ye kind one to another, tenderhearted, forgiving one another, even as God for Christ’s sake hath forgiven you”. — Ephesians 4:32
BIBLE PASSAGE: COLOSSIANS 3:12-13
Therefore, as [the] elect of God, holy and beloved, put on tender mercies, kindness, humility, meekness, longsuffering;
bearing with one another, and forgiving one another, if anyone has a complaint against another; even as Christ forgave you, so you also [must do.]
Forgiveness is a deliberate act of love, mercy, and grace. It is also a decision not to hold grudge (feeling of resentment) against another person, despite what he/she has done (Matthew 18:25-27).
Therefore, forgiveness, is an essential part of the life of believers. We are to forgive others as God has forgiven us (Ephesians 4:32; Colossians 3:13).
1. Reasons For And Benefits Of Forgiveness
2. The Dangers Of Refusing To Forgive
REASONS FOR AND BENEFITS OF FORGIVENESS
In human relationships, there is the tendency to offend one another (often times due to conflicts of interest), but in all we must learn to forgive one another even as God has forgiven us (Mark 11:25-26). It is expedient that we forgive one another for the following additional reasons, among others:
1. Forgiveness is a command from God (Luke 17:3-4; Colossians 3:13)
2. It is a pre-condition to receive forgiveness from God (Matthew 6:14)
3. If you want to reign with Christ you must forgive (2Timothy 2:12)
4. In order to have a clear conscience and peace of mind, you should learn to forgive (Acts 24:16)
5. So that your prayers will not be hindered (Matthew 5:23-24)
6. Jesus, our ultimate example, practiced forgiveness (John 8:7,11).
Forgiving one another comes with benefits, some of which are; Peace (Isaiah 40:2), joy (Luke 15:20-24), answers to prayers and good success (Mark 11:25-26).
It leads to healing (Proverbs 17:22; Matthew 9:6), fosters good relationship among brethren and the community at large (Genesis 50:15-21). It gives a conscience void of guilt and offence (Proverbs 20:22) and helps to win souls (Matthew 18:15).
THE DANGERS OF REFUSING TO FORGIVE
The following are some of the imminent dangers of refusing to forgive those who trespass against us:
i. Hindered prayers (Matt. 6:15; Mk. 11:25-26)
ii. Bitterness, which results to ill health (Prov. 17:22)
iii. Opening to demonic attacks (Ecclesiastes 10:8)
iv. Destruction of relationships (Matthew 18:23-24)
v. Eternity in hell (Matthew 7:12, 21).
What a beautiful place the world would be if we all forgive ourselves of offenses. As beloved children of God, we should show good examples especially as our God has commanded us ( 1Timothy 4:12).
1. What are the reasons and benefits of forgiveness
2. State three dangers of refusing to forgive known to us.