RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL SUNDAY 26TH APRIL 2020
TOPIC: DESTINY RECOVERY
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: “At the same time my reason returned unto me; and for the glory of my kingdom, mine honour and brightness returned unto me; and my counsellors and my lords sought unto me; and I was established in my kingdom, and excellent Majesty was added unto me.” — Daniel 4:36
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1 CHRONICLES 4:9-10
Now Jabez was more honorable than his brothers, and his mother called his name Jabez, saying, “Because I bore [him] in pain.”
And Jabez called on the God of Israel saying, “Oh, that You would bless me indeed, and enlarge my territory, that Your hand would be with me, and that You would keep [me] from evil, that I may not cause pain!” So God granted him what he requested.
In addition to knowing what destiny is, we have also discovered that there are destroyers of destiny that must be dealt with. The good news is that through the grace of God, it is possible to recover a lost destiny as long as there is life and the victim is able to retrace his path to God (Job 14:7).
1. RE-DISCOVERING DESTINY
2. RECOVERING DESTINY
Unfortunately, many people are not conscious of the fact that they are carriers of destiny and so have carelessly handled/managed it. It is, therefore, important to rediscover your purpose for living and consciously fulfill it.
Prayerfully enquire from the Lord about your destiny (Matthew 7:7-9; Ephesians 1:17-19). The answer to your prayer can come through divine Revelations or inner witness (Acts 13:1-4; Acts 7:22-25; Genesis 37:5-10).
Through observation either personally or by others of trends, patterns, talents/giftings, passions or Interest, etc. (1Chronicles 4:9-10; Luke 2:19; Proverbs 11:14; 27:17). It is quite possible to rediscover who you are and what you meant to be.
2. RECOVERING DESTINY
Now that you have re-discovered your destiny, you need to recover every lost ground on your journey to fulfilling purpose. The following steps should be taken:
1. Repent and retrace your steps back to God in case you have drifted away from Him (Daniel 4:34-36; Acts 9:1-6).
2. Defeat laziness. Rise up and do something meaningful with your life (Proverbs 22:29, Ecclesiastes 9:10).
3. Discover what God’s will is for your life by diligently studying The scriptures (Joshua 1:8; Psalm 1:1-3).
4. Deal with any habit of worldliness and live godly (1John 2:15; Hebrews 12:1-2).
5. Watch and pray earnestly against the operations of your adversaries in order to remain on the path to destiny fulfilment (Matthew 26:41; 1Corinthians 16:9).
It is time to rise up and take up the part of your divine destiny so that at His appearing which could be at any time, you will not be ashamed.
1. How can you re-discover your destiny?
2. What does it require to recover lost destiny?
Spend hours to call on God like Jabez in prayer this week until something happen to your destiny.