RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL SUNDAY 22ND OF DECEMBER 2019
TOPIC: DEMONS ON ASSIGNMENT (PART 2)
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
“And these signs shall follow them that believe; In my name shall they cast out devils; they shall speak with new tongues; Mark 16:17
BIBLE PASSAGE: ACTS16:16-18
16.And it came to pass, as we went to prayer, a certain damsel possessed with a spirit of divination met us, which brought her masters much gain by soothsaying:
17.The same followed Paul and us, and cried, saying, These men are the servants of the most high God, which shew unto us the way of salvation.
18.And this did she many days. But Paul, being grieved, turned and said to the spirit, I command thee in the name of Jesus Christ to come out of her. And he came out the same hour.
Read – Open Heaven 22 December 2019
Read – Open Heaven 23 December 2019
It is better to prevent demonic attack than seek for deliverance. However, anyone under the influence of demons needs to learn about how to deal with the situation and be free (John 8:32, 36).
SCRIPTURAL CONDITIONS FOR DELIVERANCE
The effective response of demons to our command to lose their and get out of the regions of their operation largely depends on some scriptural conditions. These include: Strong faith/belief (Mk. 16:17) in the power that is in the name of Jesus Christ (Phil.2:9-11), a life of holiness (Heb. 4:12), the anointing/power of God that flows through the Holy Spirit (Isa.61:1-2), Fasting and praying (Matt.17:15-211), submission to God (James 4:5-7) and the blood of Jesus (Rev.12:11).
CLASS ACTIVITY 1: Students should read Phil.2:9-11 and identify the scriptural conditions for deliverance mentioned there.
STEPS TO BEING DELIVERED
Unwilling victims of demonic attack seeking for deliverance must first acknowledge the supremacy of the power and authority of Jesus over demons (Matt.28:18). Such victims should also believe that power to overcome demons has been delegated to true believers/followers of Christ ( Mk.16:15, 17; Lk.110:19). They must therefore seek help/counsel in order to be completely delivered. Hence, the following steps are crucial to deal with demons:
1. Total surrender to Christ, because demons do not bow to those that are not in Christ (Acts 19:14-16, Phil.2:9-11).
2. Readiness to let go of habitual/besetting sins like anger, failure to forgive, bitterness etc, in order to get rid of demonic strongholds (Heb. 12:1, Rom.7: 18-25)
3. Subjection to proper discipleship and nurtured in the word of God (Lk.10:1, 17; Ps.107:20; John 8:32; James 1:25).
4. Plead the blood of Jesus, exercise your authority, bind the demon in operation and command it to get out in the name of Jesus (Rev. 12:11).
5. After deliverance, continue steadfastly in the faith (Gal.5:1), living a life of holiness (Pro.16:7) and serving the Lord Jesus faithfully (Rom.12:11). This will insure ‘the delivered’ against a recurrence of demonic attack (Matt.12:43-44).
CONCLUSION: Every genuine believer can deal with demons and put them where they belong.
1. Mention five scriptural conditions to being delivered.
2. What are the steps necessary for deliverance?
FOR FURTHER READING:
Monday – Mark 16:17
Tuesday – Romans 7:18-25
Wednesday – Acts 19:14-16
Thursday – Luke 8:2
Friday – Acts 5:16
Saturday – Acts 16:18
Sunday – Acts 19:12-13
ASSIGNMENT: Mention five (5) steps to prevent demonic possession and to be delivered from demonic possession respectively.