RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL STUDENT’S MANUAL 5TH JANUARY 2020 SUNDAY: HEALTHY LIVING
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
MEMORY VERSE: A prudent man foreseeth the evil, and hideth himself; but the simple pass on, and are punished. — Proverbs 27:12
BIBLE PASSAGE: 1CORINTHIANS 6:19-20
Or do you not know that your body is the temple of the Holy Spirit [who is] in you, whom you have from God, and you are not your own?
For you were bought at a price; therefore glorify God in your body and in your spirit, which are God’s.
READ – OPEN HEAVENS 5 JANUARY 2020
READ – OPEN HEAVENS 6 JANUARY 2020
Healthy living is some time taken for granted by many believers. Taking care of our body is not about vanity. The decision to learn and implement healthy lifestyle is as important as the desire to prosper (3John 2).
True prosperity can only be enjoyed when we are in a state of good health. Some believers get too busy with work, families, ministry, etc. and barely have time to rest (Ecclesiastic 3:1).
Sound physical and mental health is achievable with the right application of the knowledge of healthy living.
1. Reasons for healthy living
2. How to remain healthy
REASONS FOR HEALTHY LIVING
As believers, taking care of our body is taking care of the temple of God (1Corinthians 6:15a) because our bodies are the temple of God (1Corinthians 6 19-20).
Our bodies are precious to God and should be presented to Him as a living and healthy sacrifice ( Romans 12:1).
Being healthy makes the believers a good witness of the Christian faith and an example of a true child of God ( Matthew 5:16; Titus 2:7a).
In bearing one another’s burden, only the healthy can take care of the unhealthy (Galatians 6:2). Believers will have more energy to do God’s work (Ephesians 2:10).
We should know that we are labourers together with God, created to do the things that He had planned a long time ago for us to do (1Corinthians 3:9).
We cannot do God’s work at our best if our bodies and minds are not in good state.
HOW TO REMAIN HEALTHY
1. Eat Right: believers should eat healthy and balanced diets (Genesis 1:29-30). It is good to abstain from foods that will have negative impact on our bodies.
2. Personal Hygiene: proper washing of our body parts (private and public)/is essential for healthy living. Wash your underwear regularly, be well kept in and out and look neat.
3. Regular Medical Check-Up: right medical check-up is part of preventive healthy habit.
4. Physical Exercise: find time to exercise your body regularly in order to keep fit. (1Timothy 4:8). You can take a walk, jog or do some light indoor games/recreations.
5. Social/Emotional Wellness and Adequate Rest: associate with lively believers, watch your mood and beware of symptoms of depression or anxiety. Take time to rest and sleep well (Proverbs 17:22, Proverbs 12:25; Psalm 4:8).
6. Avoid living in an overcrowded room/environment to prevent easy spread of diseases.
7. Obedience to God’s Command: the ultimate way of living well is to do what God says (Exodus 15:26; Proverbs 4:20-22).
It is wise to plan well for our health The prudent sees danger and takes refuge, but the simple keeps going and pays the penalty (Proverbs 27:12).
1. Why should believers live heathy?
2. How can one remain healthy?