RCCG SUNDAY SCHOOL MANUAL 22 MARCH 2020: MARITAL BLOWS
SUNDAY SCHOOL HYMN
1. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
O how I love Thee well,
I am happy, it makes me glad
To rejoice at Thy birth.
2. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Thy friend friendship suits me well,
Both young and will sing Thy song,
We long for Sunday School.
3. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Christ was Thy first teacher,
The Holy Spirit, great teacher,
Does manifest in thee.
4. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
This testimony is sure,
That God, the Father Almighty,
Poured His blessing on Thee.
5. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
Though the sun be so bright,
Or if the clouds be black with rain,
I’ll be in Sunday School.
6. O Sunday School, on the Lord’s day,
I rejoice to see Thee,
Will thou pass over me today?
Without my being blest?
Yet ye say, wherefore? Because the LORD hath been witness between thee and the wife of thy youth, against whom thou hast dealt treacherously: yet is she thy companion, and the wife of thy covenant — Malachi 3:14
BIBLE PASSAGE: MALACHI 2:13-17
And this is the second thing you do: You cover the altar of the LORD with tears, With weeping and crying; So He does not regard the offering anymore, Nor receive [it] with goodwill from your hands.
Yet you say, “For what reason?” Because the LORD has been witness Between you and the wife of your youth, With whom you have dealt treacherously; Yet she is your companion And your wife by covenant.
But did He not make [them] one, Having a remnant of the Spirit? And why one? He seeks godly offspring.
Therefore take heed to your spirit, And let none deal treacherously with the wife of his youth. Malachi:2.16
For the LORD God of Israel says That He hates divorce, For it covers one’s garment with violence,” Says the LORD of hosts. “Therefore take heed to your spirit, That you do not deal treacherously.”
You have wearied the LORD with your words; Yet you say, “In what way have we wearied [Him?”]
In that you say, “Everyone who does evil [Is] good in the sight of the LORD, And He delights in them,” Or, “Where [is] the God of justice?”
brings out the best and the worst in most people, as two separate individuals struggle to live as “one flesh” ( Matthew 19:6; Mark 10:8).
It is never to face marital problems and deal with the pains and wounds that have been inflicted., if couples are I willing to stay and work it out, they can usually restore the marriage and be happier than before.
It should be noted that when God approaches marital problems, He does so from the perspective of how to fix them, not how to dissolve the marriage (Malachi 2:16). The message of God for you today is that there are ways to get your marriage back on track.
1. WHY MARITAL BLOWS?
2. IT CAN BE BETTER STILL
WHY MARITAL BLOWS?
At the root of most marital problems is selfishness. Conflict usually arises when one or both partners choose to live as though his or her needs deserve top concentration. A successful marriage is something that two people work hard at building together, if this is not present, there are bound to be blows. Marital blows can take different forms, including physical attack (beating), emotional and psychological battering. Apart from self-centeredness, other reasons for blows in marriage may include, but not limited to:
1. WRONG FOUNDATION (Psalm 11:3; 2Corinthians 6:14-16). Starting a marital related in an ungodly manner.
2. INFIDELITY (UNFAITHFULNESS) of either of the couple or both (Proverbs 5:15-20; Eccles 9:9).
3. KEEPING AWAY ISSUES that are important from one’s spouse (Gen. 2:25)
4. EMOTIONAL WITHDRAWAL after a disagreement (Eph. 4:31; James 5:9).
5. MAKING UNREASONABLE DEMAND from one another, forgetting that God is the provider (Phil. 4:6-7, 19).
6. ALWAYS POINTING OUT the weakness of one’s spouse (Phil. 2:3).
7. ENGAGING UNBELIEVERS to settle misunderstandings (1Cor. 6:5-6; Jam. 5:16).
8. LAZINESS of either couple (Proverbs 6:6-8; 1Timothy 5:8).
9. STINGINESS in money issues (Proverbs 31:10-12).
10. ISSUES WITH SEX intimacy (1Corinthians 7:3-5).
IT CAN BE BETTER STILL
When two committed Christians purpose to seek God’s heart and follow His will, no matter what, there is no problem that they cannot work through.
In acknowledging that divorce is not the solution in marital conflicts, then the following steps can be taken to remedy the situation:
1. Realise the mind of God towards your marriage. i.e., it is God’s institution designed for a lifetime (Malachi 2:16; Romans 7:2-3)
2. Be sorry, confess your fault one to another and repent from the past wrongs (James 5:16a; 1John 1:9).
3. Desire to obey God and fuel bliss with yourselves (Acts 5:29; John 12:48)
4. Be present and pray for each other (1Timothy 2:1; James 5:16b)
5. Always appreciate one another and undervalue your weaknesses . (Phil. 2:3; 1Peter 3:7).
6. Keep your temper in check, apologise when you are wrong and show tolerance towards one another (Colossians 3:13; Proverbs 15:1).
7. There must be smooth communication in all things, especially sex issues; communicating the truth in love is the key to being heard (Ephesians 4:15; 1Corinthians 7:2-3).
The main idea in today’s teaching is to focus on restoring the connection and put the past in the past.
This will save the marriage and connect you back to God when you feel like all hope is lost.
1. Mention Some Of The Causes Of Marital Blows
2. What Are The Things A Couple Should Do To Save Their Marriage From Collapsing?