RCCG JUNIOR ZEAL SUNDAY JUNE 28TH 2020
MEMORY VERSE: “If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.” John 13:17
BIBLE TEXT: MATTHEW 5:1-12; JOHN 13:17
1 And seeing the multitudes, He went up into a mountain: and when He was set, His disciples came unto Him:
2 And He opened His mouth, and taught them, saying,
3 Blessed are the poor in spirit: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
4 Blessed are they that mourn: for they shall be comforted.
5 Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth.
6 Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled.
7 Blessed are the merciful: for they shall obtain mercy.
8 Blessed are the pure in heart: for they shall see God.
9 Blessed are the peacemakers: for they shall be called the children of God.
10 Blessed are they which are persecuted for righteousness’ sake: for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
11 Blessed are ye, when men shall revile you, and persecute you, and shall say all manner of evil against you falsely, for My sake.
12 Rejoice, and be exceeding glad: for great is your reward in heaven: for so persecuted they the prophets which were before you.
If ye know these things, happy are ye if ye do them.
INTRODUCTION: Beatitude is Be Attitude, that are attitudes that ought to be. Attitude is the way we show how we think or feel about something. Jesus gave this sermon on the mountain in Matthew 5:3-12. There is a special kind of happiness you experience when you know that God is pleased with your attitude.
A. WHAT IS THE MEANING OF ATTITUDE?
The beatitudes are eight blessings recounted by Jesus in the sermon on the mount in the gospel of Matthew 5. It means supreme blessedness or happiness.
B: WHAT ARE THE BEATITUDES
1. Matt 5:3
2. Matt 5:4
3. Matt 5:5
4. Matt 5:6
5. Matt 5:7
6. Matt 5:8
7. Blessed are the peace makers, for they shall be called sons of God. – Matthew 5:9
8. Blessed are those who are persecuted for righteousness ‘sake for theirs is the kingdom of God – Matthew 5:8
C. FOR WHOM ARE THE BEATITUDES?
1. To all believers. The beatitudes are certain attitudes that should be strived for above all.
2. When a person is saved through faith in Christ by His grace alone, it is at that moment that a person receives every one of these attitudes.
LIFE APPLICATION: God wants you to receive blessings of these attitudes if you have them and to display them daily as you relate with people.
CONCLUSION: For every promise of God there is a condition. You get blessed as you obey and acquire these godly attitudes.
INVITATION: Come to Jesus for salvation today – Romans 10:13
1. SUNDAY – Colossians 2:1-12
2. MONDAY – Colossians 2:13-23
3. TUESDAY – Colossians 3:1-10
4. WEDNESDAY – Colossians 3:11-17
5. THURSDAY – Colossians 3:18-25
6. FRIDAY – Colossians 4:1-9
7. SATURDAY – Colossians 4:10-18