OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 8 OCTOBER 2019
THEME: NIGHT VISIONS
MEMORISE: And it shall come to pass afterward, that I will pour out my spirit upon all flesh; and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy, your old men shall dream dreams, your young men shall see visions: Joel 2:28
Read: Genesis 41:1-7
1. And it came to pass at the end of two full years, that Pharaoh dreamed: and, behold, he stood by the river.
2. And, behold, there came up out of the river seven well favoured kine and fatfleshed; and they fed in a meadow.
3. And, behold, seven other kine came up after them out of the river, ill favoured and leanfleshed; and stood by the other kine upon the brink of the river.
4. And the ill favoured and leanfleshed kine did eat up the seven well favoured and fat kine. So Pharaoh awoke.
5. And he slept and dreamed the second time: and, behold, seven ears of corn came up upon one stalk, rank and good.
6. And, behold, seven thin ears and blasted with the east wind sprung up after them.
7. And the seven thin ears devoured the seven rank and full ears. And Pharaoh awoke, and, behold, it was a dream.
Your night vision (dreams) can be a product of your activities or thoughts during the day, however, sometimes, God speaks to us through our dreams. This is why you should pay attention to your dreams.
God can give you a dream just for your information. You may not need to do anything about it, you were shown just to be aware. For example, God can tell you through your dream how your day will go when you wake up.
When those things begin to happen, they won’t catch you unawares.
God can also give you dreams that require your intervention.
A clear example is the dream in the Bible reading for today. When you have such dreams, you must immediately wake up and ask for direction on what action to take or take action if you already know what to do.
When you have a bad dream, pray it away and become watchful. When you have a bad dream about someone, pray for the person about any impending danger.
Always take note of your dreams and always ask God for interpretation.
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: ISAIAH 39-40, PHILIPPIANS 4
1. Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Our shelter from the stormy blast,
And our eternal home:
2. Under the shadow of your throne
Your saints have dwelt secure;
Sufficient is your arm alone,
And our defense is sure
3. Before the hills in order stood
Or earth received its frame,
From everlasting you are God,
To endless years the same.
4. A thousand ages in your sight
Are like an evening gone
Short as the watch that ends the night
Before the rising sun.
5. Time, like an ever-rolling stream,
Soon bears us all away;
We fly forgotten, as a dream
Does at the opening day.
6. Our God, our help in ages past,
Our hope for years to come,
Still be our guard while troubles last,
And our eternal home!
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye.