OPEN HEAVENS FOR TEENS 31 JANUARY 2020: SACRIFICE OF PRAISE
MEMORISE: By him therefore let us offer the sacrifice of praise to God continually, that is, the fruit of our lips giving thanks to his name. Hebrews 13:15
READ: ACTS 16:23-25
23. And when they had laid many stripes upon them, they cast them into prison, charging the jailer to keep them safely:
24. Who, having received such a charge, thrust them into the inner prison, and made their feet fast in the stocks.
25. And at midnight Paul and Silas prayed, and sang praises unto God: and the prisoners heard them.
ALSO READ: OPEN HEAVEN 31 JANUARY 2020
TALSO READ – OPEN HEAVEN 1 FEBRUARY 2020
It is easy to praise God when all is going well. It is easy to praise Him when you don’t have any problems, but can you praise Him when there is nothing going your way? Can you praise Him when you are hungry and tired?
Can you praise Him after failing an exam? This is the real test of those who love to praise God or not.
Once in a while, God gives us tests. He sends challenges our way to see how we will react.
If you don’t believe me, ask Job. Job lost everything, including his health, he still said in Job 19:25:
“For I know that my redeemer liveth, and that he shall stand at the latter day upon the earth:”
It takes someone who is 100% committed to God to say that. How total is your commitment to Him? When things are not going your way, will you still praise Him?
As we see in the latter end of Job, the level of your commitment to Him in terrible situations will determine the level of His commitment in bringing you out of that situation.
Can you praise God even when you are in distress?
BIBLE IN ONE YEAR: Exodus 25-26 ; Matthew 21:1-22
1. Let us with a gladsome mind
Praise the Lord for He is kind:
For His mercies shall endure,
ever faithful, ever sure.
2. God, with all-commanding might,
Filled the new-made world with light:
3. All things living He doth feed;
His full hand supplies their need:
4. Let us then with gladsome mind
Praise the Lord, for He is kind:
AUTHORS: Pastor E.A. Adeboye
Pastor (Mrs.) Folu Adeboye